UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was ordering day today so have just spent a happy hour re-arranging the freezers <saddo>. No photos sadly because lovely butcher portions everything up for me as per my requests so all I'd have to photograph would be a load of varying sized white plastic bags!

Got loads today though, should be enough for at least 6-7 weeks (with what I've already got in the freezer):

20 chicken carcasses
5 whole rabbits, halved
6 chicken 1/4s
5 portions of lamb ribs
5 portions of pork ribs
8 lambs hearts

and these big buggers :D

2 whole cow's tongues. They're currently frozen so waiting on them to defrost so I can portion them up. Aren't they fabulous? My H thinks a. I'm weird and b. they're rather disgusting so thought I'd come on here for some raw appreciation :lol:

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Ooow, mine have never had a cows tongue - will have to ask the butcher! ;)

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
LOL, a few months ago I got a big black bin bag full of stuff from my butcher. It gave me such a fright when I just stuck my hand in without looking & felt this huge cows tongue :eek:

I had never even seen one before & couldn't believe how big it was, the dogs loved it though :D

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pictures don't do them justice :lol: they really are massive. Each one weighs almost 2kg and they were only £4.00 each. For £8.00 they'll do Alfie for about 14-15 meals :D

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So they took almost 24 hours to defrost :eek: so I could portion them up. Thought the weirdos amongst us here would appreciate some more pics ;):

I was pleasantly surprised at how meaty they were inside. I don't know what I was expecting really... more gristle and fat I suppose, but the majority of it was really nice looking meat with very little fat :D

Imagine how much a piece of 'regular' beef of that size would cost :eek:

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.