Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

COVID rules

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Boxer123, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I don’t know who delivers to you but you should be able to make a note in the instructions that your isolating and to leave it outside.

2. willa

willa PetForums VIP

Whenever we’ve had a delivery since March they always leave anything outside the door & just ring door bell, before standing far back to make sure we get it.
    And we’ve never had any sign up outside

I assumed all delivery and postal workers did that

ForestWomble and Happy Paws2 like this.
  3. Purplecatlover

Purplecatlover PetForums VIP

Some food delivery drivers have left it downstairs in my building meaning I have to go down stairs in the building (main entrance area) to collect it (make a few trips) am I still allowed to do that whilst totally isolating?

4. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Yes, same @willa. And it’s in all the delivery instructions on most websites I’ve used too.

5. willa

willa PetForums VIP

Oh that’s a good point ! I would say no just Incase you end up around other people. But who knows, maybe it’s fine .

6. Purplecatlover

It doesn’t specify anywhere, same with my bin situation. I don’t know who I can ask either!!! they need to be much clearer with the rules especially as not everyone lives in a house.

7. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Sainsbury's always stack the boxes just in the door way so I don't have to bend down and swap them as I empty the top one, they always stand well back, anything else they knock the door put on top of the wheelie bin and wait for the open the door then go.

8. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

I can only suggest if you are self isolating and need to collect deliveries you would follow the rules the government set for if you were posting a test, and I think there was inclusion for medication collection and urgent GP visits if they couldn't be done via phone calls. Wash hands before leave, use face mask in any communal area and keep to the 2m rule. That's all you can do if you have to put bins out, collect delivery etc.. Pretty common sense and pretty much what you should be doing anyway.

StormyThai and Lurcherlad like this.
  9. Purplecatlover

I have severe anxiety & need to know exact details / rules.. hence why I asked. My care coodinator is also off so I didn’t know who else to ask so thought I’d ask for advice and opinions.

it doesn’t say anywhere about if you live in a apartment complex and the rules so it’s a scary concept as I don’t want to hurt anyone whilst doing what I need to do :) will wear a mask when I need to take my bins out though, thanks

lorilu, Lurcherlad and lullabydream like this.
  10. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

I can see why you need to know rules.
    Have you looked at your local government website they have some information, some are better than others.

For things like food, if you have no friends, family to rely on or are struggling or like you worried say about getting the delivery I see no reason why you can't use local volunteers to help. They should be available for you.

I would just treat outside your flat, as an inside communal area as a shop so take the normal precautions of hand washing in and out, face masks and social distancing 2m. Avoiding lifts.

Lurcherlad and Purplecatlover like this.
  11. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Slightly off topic, we had the gas man come to service the boiler this morning. He knocked the door stood right back said was just checking we were home before he put his protective things on and said "no offence but if you are vulnerable" to leave him to it. When he'd finished he use wipes and cleaned all the door handles and cleaned all over the boiler.

#11 Happy Paws2, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    margy, Calvine, kittih and 8 others like this.
  12. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Try calling the public health section in your local authority. They will be able to advise.

lullabydream likes this.
  13. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Pleased to hear he was so good.

I have to have someone out re my boiler, I'm scared to have someone come over due to the way things are right now with covid, but I can't not have it sorted either. I hope whoever comes is as good as your workmen.

kimthecat, ebonycat and lullabydream like this.
  14. daveos

daveos PetForums Member

Why are hand car washes open in my area Warwickshire tier 4 the rules are only automatic car washes can stay open yet here they are as busy as ever why is nothing being enforced?

15. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Contact the Council?

Calvine likes this.
  16. daveos

daveos PetForums Member

I think I will do that I'm not somebody who goes around telling tales but I'm so sick of people breaking the rules don't they see the news or are they just plain selfish but enough is enough a big fine maybe they will get the message.

Lurcherlad and kimthecat like this.
  17. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

If you have to report them then do it via the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority as hopefully they will be able to offer the workers the required support if necessary.
    https://www.gla.gov.uk/who-we-are/modern-slavery/industry-profile-car-washes-2020/

Lurcherlad, Cleo38 and rona like this.
  18. daveos

daveos PetForums Member

Update reported the car washes on local police website they have various options for reporting covid rule breakers and today they are all shut remember we have a duty to report any wrong doing.

19. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

Deleted

#19 Jobeth, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  20. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Last letter from Gov was December and am now waiting for new one so I have certainty about the new rules for vulnerable people.
    I dont think people were sticking to rules when London went up to Tier 4 , most parents at the children parks and dog walkers were certainly not keeping their 2 metre distance . TBF fair it was hard for many parents taking their kids to school to avoid each other as the pavements are narrow and too dangerous to walk in the road.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice