Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

covered litter trays

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by mini cactus, Jun 1, 2010.

1. mini cactus

mini cactus PetForums Junior

hi,

Does anyone use these? I've seen some online are they good?

thanks

2. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

Our two both use covered litter trays with no problem although Ty has decided to try removing the carbon filter recently :confused:

3. mini cactus

mini cactus PetForums Junior

ok, do you think they are better than the normal ones?
    Plus I have kids so maybe these might be best for us all?

4. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

I personally prefer them and think the cats get more privacy, bless them. They had no problem adapting didn't even have to remove the flap at the entrance

5. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

I've yet to see a reason in favour of a non-covered tray. Saves me hoovering as much litter off the floor, keeps poo smells at bay and the cats like their privacy.

6. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

I only have one and it's that there's a lot more of it to clean. For pet owners with only one or two cats I can't imagine why anyone would choose to have an open tray. As a breeder I would have the plainest open trays with no fiddly bits of moulded plastic if I could but as my cats are in the house with me I suffer the extra work of covered ones.

7. rhian d

rhian d PetForums Senior

i use a covered tray and my 2 love it they do still have an open tray as well but mainly go in the overed one to do a num 2 lol. it is alot less smelly and not as much litter goes over the floor. it was no problem getting them to use it they just went straight in :)

8. Cazza1974

Cazza1974 PetForums VIP

We changed Dorrie over from an open one to a covered one with no problem. I think she prefers it as well because she has more privacy and is therefore more relaxed.
    When we get the new kitten we will also be getting a covered tray for him/her as well.

9. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

I love covered litter trays! The cats get more privacy, they keep any smells down and generally don't look as unsightly!

10. coco-flo

coco-flo PetForums Junior

Defiantly covered trays they keep the smell down,and stop my dogs getting in.

11. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

The covered tray I got from pets at home had really high sides which stopped as much litter getting on the floor. Just a tad from tracking. She won't use it with the lid on so we are getting her used to it slowly. I'll put it on with out the door on it next week and then add the door after a while.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice