UK Pet Forums Forum banner
661 - 680 of 699 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's the case, although having had just the one litter I can't go on my own experience, just what I've seen from other litters. I can't remember reading anything specifically stating this is the case. All the pups from Tau's litter had much paler pads and noses when born which turned darker as they grew, if not completely pink.

That's the same in my breed, I suppose the OP's 2 puppies with black noses get them from the Golden Retriever side of the breeding?

Maybe they're born with golden/white coats and black noses.....

Seems odd with them being such a closely related breed, that the pigmentation of the nose and paw pads might work in a different way, who knows!!! I haven't a clue whether GR's are born with the darker pigmentation, I can't remember ever seeing a litter of young GR's to be honest.

Discussion starter · #668 ·
Just a quick update guys :)
Spoke to mum today who said blues a real natural and a great mum. She hardly leaves the puppy's side haha she pops out for a quick wee and a wander around the garden six times a day and then quickly goes back inside and lays with all her babies. Gosh I just wanna get home and see her!

Just a quick update guys :)
Spoke to mum today who said blues a real natural and a great mum. She hardly leaves the puppy's side haha she pops out for a quick wee and a wander around the garden six times a day and then quickly goes back inside and lays with all her babies. Gosh I just wanna get home and see her!
Well we can't wait for your holiday to be over as we want pics!! :D

Sounds like she's doing well... I know some girls are so attached to their pups they have to be forced to leave them and taken out on a lead for the usual toilet duties!

Hope she is getting lots of calcium-rich foods and eating well.

Lovely.

Is that a 6th puppy under mums back leg? Maybe its just my eyes or a tangle of bodies.:)
i thought that too but i thought there were only 5 pups:confused:

661 - 680 of 699 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.