council licence boarders vs people without

Discussion in 'Dog Boarding' started by clarewilliams, Nov 22, 2017.

1. clarewilliams

clarewilliams PetForums Newbie

HI, just wondered how people who have to pay several hundred pound a year for their licence feel about all the newish companies offering home boarding with different hosts that are not licensed?

Thenewforestdoghotel likes this.
  2. Thenewforestdoghotel

Thenewforestdoghotel PetForums Junior

I think the best way to tackle this it to 'educate your customers' explain about the licensing rule, why we have to have a license, why it's important, and ask them to ask any other boarders they use if they are licensed. Even if those establishments are insured, because they are not licensed will invalidate any insurance they may have. We actively promote having a license as a 'must
    have' to protect their dogs whilst boarding. Some local authorities publish a list of their licensed boarders, some don't.

license.jpg

3. clarewilliams

It's not really an issue with current clients. It's new people that must be going straight to the franchises. Also our council does nothing to promote the need for a licence nor do they do anything about the people running without one. Just wondered if this was the same across the country?

4. Thenewforestdoghotel

Thenewforestdoghotel PetForums Junior

It varies from county to county i believe. By spreading the word to your current customers, word will soon get around. It's a small world especially where dogs and owners are concerned...

5. joface

joface PetForums Member

it does annoy me that other boarders who openly offer the service aren't licensed. I'd never report them but I also never recommend them to anyone and I usually say 'there are other boarders in the area but I don't know any who are licensed' and that usually sets the seed for them to ask if they are indeed licensed. Just my little way of educating people!

Thenewforestdoghotel likes this.
  6. clarewilliams

Yes, I agree with both and do the same but some people don't seem to care. It's frustrating!