UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were out today at our local shopping center and decided to visit the play area. There are no set 'rules' but most parents just take off the shoes and leave the socks on their kids.
A mother that was sat next to us, her kids had kept their shoes on...well this polish woman came over to the mother and insisted that she took her kids shoes off and was ushering her over to the shoe stand. The mother if these kids was very polite and didnt rise to her confrontation just let it go..her kids were old enough to decide for themselves if they wanted their shoes on or not anywhoo.
No more than 5 minutes later this woman took it upon herself to walk over to this womans child and grab him and tell him off for not taking off his shoes! :eek:hmy: The mother of this child went and told this woman that it was not her place and left it at that..(i take my hat off to her considering if anyone were to grab my child they would have been leaving in an ambulance!) ..Minutes later the woman came over to this mother and started lecturing her and just would not stop! She was insisting that children eat with their hands and shoes are dirty..well yes but there were kids with no socks on and to me thats far more gross! Plus when you feed your child surely you teach them to wash their hands first :confused:
I was sat next to this woman and felt really sorry for her, in the end i told the woman to mind her own business as she was causing a scene and all the kids were playing lovely and they didnt want to be watching that! She then started on at me about hygiene :lol:

What is it with some people eh? Why cant people accept that people choose to parent differently, be it letting their kids leave their shoes on why they are playing..it wasnt soft play so there really wasnt an issue imo. Bloody nosy mare! :lol:

·
Registered
487 Posts
There's a play gym near me and I know exactly what you mean! Some people are so confrontational and "I'm the better mum cos I read this in a book and I do it so I must be so good" all these mums who don't let kids have macds and splash in puddles and make mud pies don't know what they (or should I say their kids!) Are missing out on!

·
Registered
13,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean :lol:

No matter how other people judge others theres a line that should never be crossed imo and grabbing someone elses child is one of them.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
:eek: If anyone grabbed one of my children like that they'd need medical attention by the time I was done with them! Who does she think she is!? I'm rather gobby irl :eek: so I don't know how that mother managed to keep her cool in those circumstances!

·
Registered
13,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If anybody grabbed my kids they would soon find my shoes off.... and lodged up thier ass cheeks.

Im amazed she stayed calm
Im amazed too..never mind ramming a shoe up her @ss she would need assistance to remove my fist from her throat if it had been my boy she grabbed hold of!

:eek: If anyone grabbed one of my children like that they'd need medical attention by the time I was done with them! Who does she think she is!? I'm rather gobby irl :eek: so I don't know how that mother managed to keep her cool in those circumstances!
The shoe police :lol:

G

·
The shoe police :lol:
Hehe I laughed at this. :D

The woman was very out of order to grab another's child. I think children running around with no shoes or socks on is probably more dangerous (in talking about germs etc) than having shoes on. I'm amazed the woman who she was shouting at kept quiet, I know I wouldn't have been able to. :eek:

·
Slave to the Hairy Hikers
12,358 Posts
In this case she was, but I, too, have grabbed other people's kids when the parents refused to intervene.

I once saw a child picking chewing gum off her shoes in a bakery and then rummage with her unwashed hands through a stand of buns. First, I told the mother to get her child away from the bread, but she ignored me. The girl was still rummaging through the buns.
When I pulled her back by the arm and told her not to touch the bread, mummy got furious with me.
Well, I SAW her child pick her shoes and peel the gum off and I SAW her rummaging through the buns in that stand with both hands like she was playing bingo with them.

I agree that the baker should not have a stand full of buns for everyone to touch, but the mother should not allow the child to touch the bread, even if she hadn't been seen picking her shoes minutes before. Not only is it unhygienic and disgusting, but it is a very bad example for the child, if the mother defends her when she is way out of line.

·
Registered
487 Posts
In this case she was, but I, too, have grabbed other people's kids when the parents refused to intervene.

I once saw a child picking chewing gum off her shoes in a bakery and then rummage with her unwashed hands through a stand of buns. First, I told the mother to get her child away from the bread, but she ignored me. The girl was still rummaging through the buns.
When I pulled her back by the arm and told her not to touch the bread, mummy got furious with me.
Well, I SAW her child pick her shoes and peel the gum off and I SAW her rummaging through the buns in that stand with both hands like she was playing bingo with them.

I agree that the baker should not have a stand full of buns for everyone to touch, but the mother should not allow the child to touch the bread, even if she hadn't been seen picking her shoes minutes before. Not only is it unhygienic and disgusting, but it is a very bad example for the child, if the mother defends her when she is way out of line.
I agree (sort of) basic hygiene is something all parents should teach their children if not for other peoples sake then for their own but I can't condone someone grabbing at someone elses child. Luckily nobody has ever done that to my child cos I really couldn't say how I would react if they did but it probably wouldn't be pretty lol but on the other hand there wouldn't be a need for someone else to grab my child cos if I saw it I would stop it before anyone else had a chance. My kids are my world but I also know they can be little devils and its my job as a mum to make sure a situation like that never arises

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
omg if anyone grabbed my boy like that i'd hit the roof! quickly followed by them! all that over taking shoes off for petes sake its ridiculous.

·
Registered
13,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Im sorry but i dont agree with grabbing someone elses child under any circumstances. If i had been in the situation you were at the shops then i would have told her parents, then picked up all the produce she had messed with and handed them to a staff member and explained the situation.

I was in a lift at our local shopping center the other day and as we were queuing first we got in the lift and stood to the side out the way of everyone else..well this HUGE family decided to pile in the lift and the kids were in those cars that the shopping center provide..my eldest was stood with his back against the glass of the lift and one of the women proceeded to ram his legs with this car. I told her in no uncertain terms that if the car was rammed into his legs again i would be ramming the car down her throat..she then did it again so i pushed the car with my foot and pushed it away from his legs keeping my foot on the car until the lift doors had opened incase she pushed it into his legs again. If she had grabbed him to move him i would have hit the roof! There is never an acceptable time to grab someone elses child.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts

A similar thing happened to my daughter and I - my daughter wished to get some sweets from the self serve sweet counter but luckily prior to that, I'd seen a girl, of about 6-7 picking her nose then making her way to the sweets. I quietly explained to my daughter why I didn't want her to have them so she accepted this. What beggars belief is that I'm sure the Mum did see her child indulging in this unsavoury habit but did absolutely nothing to stop her child from putting her hands in the sweets! I felt quite ill!

:(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.