Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Couldn't believe the rudeness. Opinions welcome.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Patterdale_lover, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

A woman I know who is a friend of my dads overheard me and my mum discussing the things I'd need for aftercare for my tattoo and she thought she would add her two cents by saying

"Oh, why are you getting a tattoo? They are incredibly common and make you look filthy. Why would you want to scar your body with dirty trampy marks in my eyes it just makes you look easy, do you want to look easy? Girls shouldn't get them, if they do they are manly or tramps."

To which me and mum were like :blink:

Now I understand they aren't everybody's thing but surely that was a bit intense and a bit insulting.

Do you think she was being rude or not? Do you agree with her?

Not that it's going to change my mind :D

2. ClaireLouise

Very rude. Some times people should keep there opinions to themselves.

Tattoos are not everyones cup of tea but to some people they are art.

3. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

She was being very rude, if thats her opinion she should have kept it to herself, never mind the rudeness of interrupting your conversation

i don't mind tattoo's...but, some girls they look good on some they don't. dunno why !!!
    personally i have not got one but my hubby has two :D

4. Well I would never have one myself! And will admit that I used to think they looked trampy! BUT that said of late I have actually been admiring a few tattoos so perhaps I am finally arriving into the 21st century! that said I still would not have one myself!

And yep! she should have kept her nose out!

DT

5. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

She sounds very opinionated, I wouldnt let it upset you though, some people just think everyone should know their opinions, what on earth did you reply to her?

6. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I think there are ways of tellng your opinion without sounding harsh.

But I agree, she could have done it with more tact!

7. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

I'd of lamped her one :rolleyes:

that is so rude, urgh she should keep her nose out

8. skyblue

skyblue PetForums VIP

this of course depends on the tattoo,in my local the men have the traditional anchor,the women have the whole ark royal:rolleyes:

9. Patterdale_lover

I simply said that for me they are a form of art and I wouldn't be getting something with no meaning. They are a way to express yourself and to tell your story.

To which my mum who was in the midst of making her a coffee said
    "Coffee's in the cupboard Milks in the fridge."

And went into the lounge :tongue_smilie:

Woop woop mam!

10. ClaireLouise

If I could afford it I would be covered in them. There are some fantastic tattoo artists out there and some great art.

COREY MILLER TATTOO PORTFOLIO

11. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

You should have told her, she is welcome to have her opinion, but she needs to really work on her manners and not listen in on other peoples conversations.... and defo not be soo rude to interupt in such a manner :nono: norty lady !!!

I think some tattoos are taseful and look nice, not trampy at all... but sometimes, well.... it doesn`t look like much thought went into the whole process.

I must admit, I`m not keen on the tattoos that look like they were drawn by a drunk who got a tattoo gun off ebay :blink:

12. Patterdale_lover

I LOVE COREY !! Kat Von D is my idol! :D I have plans for about 3 already. But will get them a few years apart from one another.

Yeah tbh I'm not keen on tribal tattoo's but if thats what someone wants then thats what they want! I'm certainly not one to tell them what they can and can't have or judge them for it.

13. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Yeah I would say opinionated tbh. Yes its something you dont wanna hear, but everyone does that, especially to younger people......if you are a younger person. People just say what they think. I love tatoos and its up to you. :D what ya getting?

14. lil muppet

lil muppet PetForums VIP

i have one (soon to be more) and i think if they are tastfull then there is nothing wrong with them! and yes that woman is damn rude! i would have decked her!

15. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Oh DT, now you know that's rubbish, you don't need a tatoo to make you look dirty and trampy!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

16. Well I have been trying for years so I have! it weren't until I started copying your image until I perfected it though!:D:D:D

17. ClaireLouise

18. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

I also think she was being rude. It's your body and you can do what you like with it! I have had this conversation with my mum before, once when I got my ears pierced and once when I got my belly button pierced.

19. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

And all the while there was no need to try!! Never mind, could have spent the energy cleaning out your sheds or something ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

20. Patterdale_lover

Hehe are you listing the cast of LA ink by any chance ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice