Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Could you....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jul 13, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Go with someone who cheated/lied to be with you??

Reason I ask, a friend of mine has been with this guy she loves for a good few months. He is married. He and his wife are well past the honeymoon period, they argue allot, but he tells her he is at work to spend time with my friend.

She says it is getting to her having to keep it secret but he is going to leave his wife soon, but they have a holiday planned and he can't do that to his kids. Him and his wife have three kids together.

I told my friend to ditch him now before it gets worse. I hope she listens to me, I asked her how would she honestly feel... It would be like walking on egg shells all the time, I would be petrified to annoy him in the slightest incase he just went off with someone else!

And say he did leave his wife, he has cheated on his whole family, thought nothing of sneaking off and cheating, how could you be so sure he wasn't gong to do it again?

Personally I could never trust a guy who had cheated to be with me. I have been cheated on before and it is horrible.

Could you be with someone if you knew they were cheating to be with you??

x

2. Nicci

Nicci Guest

Leopards never change their spots, have a friend whose husband has left her for another woman, she's filed for divorce, now he's begging her to take him back as his honeymoon period is now over with this "Other Woman".

3. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

my ansew is no - a leopard will never change its spots comes to mind. once a cheat always in my book.

4. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

No, I couldn't do it, I don't think.

I'd like to think I couldn't do it but then when you're in the throws of a new relationship who knows...

But, the sensible part of me says no.

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I was with a guy, and a few weeks after we had been together he tells me he was still with is last girlfriend for a week, to make sure he liked me better! :eek:
    I felt sick every time he went out, I checked his phone. He assured me there was nothing to worry about. I still felt like I couldn't trust him.
    A few months later I found a letter from our best mate in his pocked after he stormed out (after me questioning what she meant to him). It was a letter telling him how happy she was they were together again, and how great it was spending all that time with him- While I was in Hospital after my c-section!!!! :mad: I rang my sons dad, him and his gf came over and waited for him to get home then we told him where to go.

It was horrible. I already had trust issues before that. He completely ruined my trust for ages after that. I had found it so hard to trust since then, until my oh really.

x

6. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

OMG i am so sorry that musta been awful for you

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

No. If they do it to someone else they will easily do it to you.

8. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

It was but hey, they were suited to one another! They now live in a rough council estate, both on benefits, with 3 kids, and about 4 dogs, mostly staff x because they are 'hard'. I'm glad I got rid of him, even if it was a bit sh1tty! Lol

I am a great believer in fate, and I think that everything that happens is for a reason. If he had not cheated on me, I would not have got depressed, so I would not have moved home so quick, nor would I have met my last ex.. so I wouldn't have moved to that area, or bumped into an old friend who introduced me to my oh. So it's all good in the end :D

x

9. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

That's a really positive attitude, good on you! :)

That's a really horrible experience you've had. I can empathise believe me, without going in to all the gory details, ex-hubby was chucked out on our 1st wedding anniversary for cheating.

But if thet hadn't happened then I wouldn't be where I am now, so it is all good in the end, even when it doesn't seem like it! :)

10. ninja

ninja PetForums VIP

nope, if they can cheat on somebody else for you whats to say its not going to happen to you in a few years or once the 'honeymoon period' is over, x

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

One of my friends, well ex friend now started seeing her boss while he was with someone else. They got together, she moved to another job (he stayed as a manager) and then he got with one of his other employees.

Goes to show a leopard never changes its spots doesn't it?

12. Captain.Charisma

Captain.Charisma PetForums VIP

I think if he cheating on his wife to be with your freind, it will only be time hes cheating on your freind with someone else. I know thats a bit sterotypical, but from my experince people who have affairs dont seem to stop :S

13. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

Its great the way you think about it all your very strong to have came through that so positivley good on you.

14. Captain.Charisma

Actually comes to think of it, i know its the not the same. But at the moment, i having a dilema , thanks to me really likeing a girl (both physicaly and personailty wise), but she seems to have a lot of one stands and has "suppost" to of been around.. Arghh lolz, nothing is simple with the other sex i am affaid :S

15. Captain.Charisma

Typical :S

16. ninja

ninja PetForums VIP

to right :), which is why i would never do it,
    the same as if i thought my oh was playing about he would never get a second chance with me, x

17. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Me too, there was no way I could be with someone after that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice