Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Could someone tell me whats wrong with my fish?

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by Josh99, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Josh99

Josh99 PetForums Newbie

So I've only just noticed this weird growth on my goldfish's eye and I don't have a clue what it is or where it's come from. If anyone has any idea please let me know, and if there's anything I can do about it.
    One thing to note is that when I bought this fish this eye was completely black and not like it's other 'normal' eye.
    Otherwise he's swimming about normally and eating.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

ramenBowl likes this.
  2. ramenBowl

ramenBowl PetForums Newbie

If he's in a community goldfish tank, REMOVE HIM. I'm not sure what it is, but you always want to be safe!
    If not, remain to keep him in his home.
    Treat him as recommended with Lifeguard general treatment tablets, or another general treatment supplement. If you don't have a test kit, buy the cheap water test strips and make sure his stuff lines up with the rules for water quality for them here: (photo)

Make sure your goldie has proper oxygen from the filter, if not purchase an air pump, air line, and an airstone.
    Hopefully he improves!
    ALSO if he's in a community tank remove him and place him in a "hospital" and treat him alone, since treating a goldfish when not needed it can harm them.
    Hopefully this helps.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice