Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Could someone please

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by mellowyellow, Aug 14, 2012.

1. mellowyellow

mellowyellow PetForums Member

Could someone please explain to my cats that I am not being an evil slave. :rolleyes:
    That garlic is poisonous to cats :eek: hence the reason I didn't share my dinner of garlic and herb roast chicken and that no amount of meowing and climbing up my leg(Nala) or tapping me in the shoulder with his paw and head nudging me (simba), is going to get me to open the kitchen door so they can lick the plates.
    IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD :mad2: :mad2:
    Now stop pestering me!!!!

2. Golgotha_tramp

Golgotha_tramp PetForums Senior

Ha ha! I dropped some onion on the floor the other day and Mitzi ran and chomped it before I could do anything.

My face was like :eek:, wrestled her to check her mouth but it was gone! No one obviously told her it was poisonous.

3. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

i think garlic is the same as onions, they contain a chemical which can damage red blood cells....so its a no garlic kitty, mum is right...sorry to bring bad news. maybe mum will cook you a nice chicken without garlic tomorrow. :)

4. spid

spid PetForums VIP

COda says 'listen to your mummy THIS time - she is right (they often aren't) - you can now guilt her into getting you something nice instead.'

5. MontyMaude

MontyMaude PetForums VIP

but surely slave should know better and should buy and eat plain chicken that Nala and Simba can share :hand: :hand: :hand:

6. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

I can't buy pickled onion monster munch anymore for fear of a cat attack :(

7. LucyLastic88

LucyLastic88 PetForums Senior

Blimey! I didn't know onion and garlic was poison to cats.

8. mellowyellow

mellowyellow PetForums Member

Gave in and gave them their dinner early to get some peace.
    Though I have to admit that the smell whilst it was cooking was yummy so I can see why they wanted to share lol bad bad slave.

9. egyptianreggae

egyptianreggae PetForums VIP

Hector stole a piece of jacket potato from my plate earlier when I wasn't looking and swallowed it before I could do anything. He's only nine weeks old! Then I discovered his mentor Tiny licking the cheese grater in the kitchen :(

10. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

i treated myself to a t-bone steak the other evening, cat got it before me so ended up with a boring sandwich. i was thinking of raw feeding now its already done.

11. zippie161

zippie161 PetForums VIP

Me neither!! :eek::

12. jess91

jess91 PetForums Senior

This actually made me LOL :D

Rocco ate nearly half a plate of spagetti bolognaise the other day. I was feeling sick and left most of it. Put it on the kitchen side and asked OH to clear it away whilst I lounged on the sofa feeling sorry for myself. We both forgot, until 20 mins later we could hear rattling coming from the kitchen. Went off to investigate where I found Rocco casually helping himself to the rest of it :eek:
    Luckily he seemed to have only eaten the mince and a bit of pasta :rolleyes:

There was though, needless to say, a lovely pool of dire rear in the litter tray a few hours later :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice