Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Could she be in season ?

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Helen561, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Helen561

Helen561 PetForums Newbie

i have an 11month old pup I’m not sure if she’s starting her season of if she could have some sort of urine infection or something. I’ve only ever had boys so this is all new to me as a general rule she’s sensitive and a big lala
    About 3 days ago I noticed clear discharge coming from her bits she’s been washing a lot.
    She’s still eating and drinking
    She seems a bit sleepier
    The main thing is she is barking at everyone for attention and destroying everything in her path I left her alone today for 2 hours cat flaps chewed up my walls have claw marks down them she’s just turned crazy on walks she pulling like a steam train she’s stealing things and it’s just not like her.
    Any advice be much appreciated

2. David C

David C PetForums Member

She could be in season as not all bitches bleed some can have a palish discharge. Is her vulva swollen? If it is then i would say its very likely she is in season.

3. Helen561

Shes seems to be weeing more than normal especially on walks there’s no swelling

4. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

It is normal for her to be weeing more often, particularly during walks, if she's in season.

It sounds to me as though she is beginning her season. Swelling of the vulva normally occurs around a week into the season, so don't assume she isn't in season if there is no swelling.

You should begin seeing some blood spotting and often, the best way to check is to blot your bitch's vulva with white tissue.

5. Helen561

I’ll just keep an eye on her thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice