Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Could scan be way out, re pregant girl

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by rigsby1967, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rigsby1967

rigsby1967 PetForums Member

My girl is pregnant:D. Took her to the vet for check up and a scan and vet said she is due in about 2-3 weeks time.
    Anyway the 3 weeks were up Thursday just gone and Tia is still holding onto these babies of hers:rolleyes::.
    Could the scan have been out more than the vet had thought, only i was under the impression scans were fairly accurate:eek:.

2. Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl PetForums VIP

Would they normally reabsorb litters with only 2 weeks left?

I think in your position I'd contact the vets in case there is a problem.

3. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

I don't think you're at a point of worrying YET. Did the vet say Thursday was around day 63? Have you felt movement from the kittens? Best thing would probably be get her in tomorrow for a check :) Good luck with labour, hope mom does well!

4. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

i could be wrong but i dont think they would be reabsorbed with two - three weeks to go. If your worried take her back to the vets and that way you can be sure everything is ok still. Hopefully you will have some kittens soon

5. rigsby1967

Hi all

Thanks for the replies.

My daughter went into the vets today after work and explained the situation, vet said if she hasn't had them in a week and a half to take her in :eek:, I thought that was miles to long to wait.

I have been feeling and seeing the kittens moving an awful lot :D, but this last 2 days it has been much less, though i am still seeing and feeling movement.

I really thought she was going to have them last week as she cut down on her eating, starting nesting, cleaning herself so much i am surprised she has any fur left LOL :rolleyes::

Hopefully they won't be long and a vet trip won't be nessacery as she gets so stressed with having to go :(.

Thanks all
    rigsby1967

6. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Thanks for the update but I do think if they said thursday, a week and a half is a bit long! I would say if she hasn't had them by thursday morning then take her to a different vet just to be safe!

7. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

so she was either 5-6weeks gone? now 8-9weeks? id pop along to another vet, what day did you take her to stud on? For how long?

What breed is she? what are you expecting? :)

8. rigsby1967

Yes i think my best bet is to take her to another vet which i will do this week.

I didn't take her to a stud, my son has a cat who i looked after for 2 weeks at my home, as we knew where his cat and my cat had come from we decided to let them see if they would mate and between us keep the kittens. Shortly after the mating my son took his cat to be castrated but sadly he had a terrible reaction to the anesthetic and died :(.

I am hoping i have managed to add an attachment of Tia.

Thanks
    Rigs

ETS that was 3 weeks i had my sons cat for not 2 weeks, typo error :O

Attached Files:

#8 rigsby1967, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  9. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

and if you had 8 kittens you would have 4 each that seems extreme? Why on earth did you mate two unhealth tested moggies? If you wanted a kitten there are plenty out there already :(

#9 Marley boy, Apr 10, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  10. loz83

loz83 PetForums Member

dont worry bout it, my vet sed 3-4 weeks to go for my girl but the four weeks were up on friday!!! but one about.com, there's a dating calendar, so if u no approx wot dates she got pregnant u can see poss wot date she would be due :) and I think they can go up to 70 days overdue, so u should be ok yet :)

11. rigsby1967

Hi MB

Who said anything about the cats being unhealth checked? And what my sons cat died of couldn't have been health checked anyway :(.

Also how is 4 cats each extreme, I have 8 chickens and 1 duck, is that extreme as well? Well i guess if it is then i do things the extreme way, at least i know all kits will have good and loving homes with plenty of the right care.

rigsby1967

12. loz83

loz83 PetForums Member

I just dont understand why people cant breed their moggies as long as they're responsible??? OP obviously loves his cat and has paid for scan etc, breeded with another cat whose health is known, and it was already stated that the male had a bad reaction to anaesthetic, it happens in all species!!!!

The kittens weren't just going to be given away, they were keeping all of them!!!

And for that matter, he could have rescued 8 kittens, but why dont pedigree breeders tell prospective clients to go and rescues a few kittens/cats instead of paying 100's of pounds for one kitten??? :(

13. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

Just curious, as I don't know all the things people health test for (and because my two dogs are going in for the snip soon and I worry about all kinds of things!)----is there a health test that would predict adverse reaction to anasthesia? Is there any way to know in advance?

14. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

ok so you did health check your cats??? If that is the case I was wrong to assume you didn't health check the cats. I know your sons cat couldn't have been health checked for what he died from (i am very sorry to hear about what happened to him). 4 cats isnt extreme at all but i do consider keeping 4 kittens from the same litter a little extreme also i dont know how many cats you have already (im saying 4 kittens each as you have to plan for the maximum). Also you would have to get them all spayed neuterd early other wise you could have brother and sisters mating.

good luck with everything hope the birth goes smoothly :)

15. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

:lol: Sorry I was picturing one of your kitten pictures I think, where I saw your OH playing some sort of game in the background!

Maybe not gaming equipment then, but I'm pretty sure you could get £30 for a laptop and a lot of other things you have around the house. As you say you could have bought them back once your finances were settled :)

16. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

This is the question, now instead of bickering between each other can we answer this question?

OP do you remember the approximate date they mated then someone may have an answer. Otherwise i would have her checked by the vet for your own peace of mind...I have 3 moggies all vaccinated and spayed I have never owned a pedigree cat cause I love the moggies....

17. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

Well I'm glad I told the original OP to start a new thread as this is totally no help to her.

18. bird

bird PetForums VIP

OP I noticed somewhere along the way that you were taking your cat back to the vets. Just to let you know what happened with my eldests cats - they went for a scan and the vet said that they were due roughly by the end of the week (going off the scan), I was advised by some from here that cat scans are not always accurate and not to be suprised if the kits were upto a weekish later than the date the vet had said. ;) Think kits were 8 days overdue.

Wow, congratulations :thumbup1: you lot really have surpassed yourselves with this thread hav'nt you. 26 pages have now been deleted, and NONE OF YOU EVEN BOTHERED TO GIVE ANYKIND OF ASSISTANCE TO THE OP. You were all just too busy having a pop at each other to help someone in need :mad5: I would like to invite you all to hang your heads in shame, however I feel that will not happen. We are all pet lovers here, regardless of who/how and where if someone comes on here asking for advice, if you know the answer, where the hell is the problem in giving it. :nono: Save the preaching for another thread. :rolleyes::

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice