UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:).

Ok first off I'm new here so go easy on me lol.

Now I have a very big problem that has gotten way out of hand.

I live with 9 cats in a 3 bedroom house.

The problem is the cats keep peeing around the house,on the floors ,counters where food is prepared and also other household items.

The cats are not mine they belong to the owner of the house.

I do love cats I have lived with cats all my life:).

I would like to know is there anyway I could stop the cats from peeing around the home I've tried everything :cryin: and can't put up with it, I'm afraid I may catch some disease or some form of food poisoning.

There is no point in speaking to the owner of the house because this person does not seem to care of what is happening :eek:ut: .

I know cats are clean but to many it becomes vermin (no offence to cat lovers:( )

Thanks

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
It's a hard one - I think I would be inclined to move out - there are too many cats in the house and they aren't clean and they aren't yours.

Other than moving - make sure there are enough litter trays for 9 cats you 'should' have 10 trays - make sure they have a variety of litters in them and some are covered and some are open and I would keep them out of the kitchen at least. Make sure ALL the cats are neutered because they may be scent marking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a hard one - I think I would be inclined to move out - there are too many cats in the house and they aren't clean and they aren't yours.

Other than moving - make sure there are enough litter trays for 9 cats you 'should' have 10 trays - make sure they have a variety of litters in them and some are covered and some are open and I would keep them out of the kitchen at least. Make sure ALL the cats are neutered because they may be scent marking.
Yes it is a hard one and it would be a dream to move out but cash keeps me stuck here atm :(.

All female cats are neutered except for the Tom, but he's not indoors as much he's to busy searching for the ladies and marking he territory lol he is not much of a problem, well the cats are not the problem its the owner.Wow ten litter trays :eek: but you are right it seems to be the only way forward,I have even tried smells they dislike but that seems to be a myth :/ .

I would try and keep them from the food area but at night time I can't close the doors because again the owner does not allow it huff.

Thanks

·
PetForums VIP
2,694 Posts
I don't think you need to apologise. 9 cats in a house that are peeing everywhere are not clean and could have health risks for you.

If they are not your cats and the lady doesn't care then there isn't really much you can do other than keep the cats out of your own living space and disinfect sides before you cook or where you eat.

·
Registered
29,781 Posts
9 cats in a 3 bedroomed house is far too many! I am not surprised they are weeing everywhere, as there will be undoubtedly be lots of territorial issues with so many females together even though they are all spayed.

If the Tom cat is not neutered then he will also be spraying indoors (on the rare occasions he comes in), so that will add to the problem. Why is the owner being so irresponsible as not to get him neutered?:mad:

I feel sorry for you having to live in such an unpleasant environment -- the house must reek of cat urine:eek: Unless of course the owner is especially diligent at cleaning up the mess with an enzymatic pet odour and stain remover, which somehow I rather doubt, from your comments about her.:)

Do the cats go outside? I sincerely hope so, as 9 cats confined to a 3 bed room house is an even worse scenario.:eek:

If they never go out, then as has been said by a previous poster there need to be 10 litter trays in the house. The "weeing accidents" need cleaning up immediately with Urine-Off or similar, the cats should be kept out of the kitchen (other than at feeding time), and all the cats should be checked by the vet to make sure they don't have cystitis or a urine infection, (which could make them wee away from the litter trays).

Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.