Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Could my puppy have tummy ache?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lucyandsandy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

She is sitting on my lap and her tummy is making really loud rumbling/gurgling sounds. I have put her lunch down and she hasn't touched it but gobbled her breakfast this morning. She is 4 months old and has 3 meals a day. Her faeces are still normal and she seems fine in herself :confused:

2. Pets2luv.webs.com

Pets2luv.webs.com PetForums VIP

She sounds like she is ok to me. Maybe you can hear her brekkie going down. LOL As she is getting older she might start to want less meals. Mine have two meals a day, one in the morning and one in the evening.

3. Phoenix&Charlie'sMum

Phoenix&Charlie'sMum PetForums VIP

My dogs bellys grumble all the time, think its just gas :lol:

4. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Its probably just gas that you can hear, or she might just have a bit of a tummy bug.
    I notice you say she gobbled her breakfast this morning, Did she run and jump about straight after and is she fed on dried food? If so keep a watch on her, If her stomach becomes over enlarged and becomes really hard, and especially if she becomes listless and/or dry vomits, ie tries to be sick but brings nothing up, then it may be an idea to speak to your vet. Large deep chested breeds can become prone to bloat especially (You dont mention what breed she is) and that can lead to complications if they dont pass the excess gas. If possible its always a good idea not to let them exercise or charge wildly about at least an hour before and hour after eating, especially if a large breed.
    Likely she will be fine but just keep an eye on her just incase.

5. Pets2luv.webs.com

Pets2luv.webs.com PetForums VIP

She is a CKCS :smile:

6. lucyandsandy

lucyandsandy PetForums VIP

Thank you, she is on a mix of wet and dry food. She usually goes straight outside after eating and lays in the sun which she did today. She is a cavalier king charles.

I think I worry to much about this dog! I listen to my gut instinct in regards to the children's health/decisions to be made but with the dog I'm fussing over any little thing :eek:

7. JayLib

JayLib PetForums Member

Haha I used to hold a mirror to my kittens noses when they were babies just to make sure they were still breathing.....!

So you're not alone on the fussing front....

8. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

Aww yeah, she's probably just grumbling away, like your stomach does sometimes when you eat :)

Also as someone above said, maybe cut her food down to 2 meals a day... We did when she was 6 months.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice