Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

could do with some advice

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Clare7435, May 4, 2010.

1. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

Need a bit of advice folks.....I have penny who is a bichon x kcs....she gets loads of excercise....at least an hour and half a day.....sometimes too much apparently but she likes it and is thriving.....her brother went to another home,,,,,wont go into loads of detail but he's so tiny still but gets no excercis at all....well maybe a walk a week not sure exactly but hardly any....i am giving this woman some advice today......she'll be here at 4 and 2 of the things i'm going to focus n is diet and excercise....diet i can do no prob but i need to know how much excercise a small dog like this needs at least per day......any ideas folks? in a rush at the mo,,,,school for the kids and all but i'll be back soon.....thanks for any advice
    Clare xx

2. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

I would say at least an hour every day, but preferably more.

3. Clare7435

Clare7435 PetForums VIP

Great....thanks SP....I plan on giving her some advice on a LOT of things believe me, but i think the root of everything will be down to diet and excercise....also I'm concerned about the amount of tear staining he has...I'm talking within half an hour of my cleaning it off he was full of it again...I'd just taken big hard lumps of it off ....(I had him overnight last night for a cut) ....penny did have it when I got her but the vet advised on diet by way of reducing....great advice because she doesnt get it any more.....I've just had a quick scout on the net and seen a few ways to get rid of it if the diet isn't changed.....which i'm not 100% sure it will be.....I've just read that half a settlers tum a day is a safe way of reducing it.....I don't want to advise this unless it's safe.....any ideas? xx

4. Maz&Oozy

Maz&Oozy PetForums Member

sorry cant help about the other stuff, tho as said id say an hour a day at least, but re tear staining we were recommended to give our pup bottled water, doesnt have to be the expensive stuff, but as no chlorine in bottled water alot better than tap and have to say a good 75% better on my lads eyes, still need daily wipe but so much clearer.

just an idea :)

5. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

For my 2 they are terrior size they need an hour or 2 a day. You cant give any dog 1 walk a week! Thats not fair!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice