Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Could do with some advice...tricky situation

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by PrettyPiaffe, May 19, 2017.

1. PrettyPiaffe

PrettyPiaffe PetForums Junior

I've just been on holiday for a week, I had some competitors that I'm friendly with covering some of my dogs.

One of them has just messaged me saying that the owner would now like this person to have the dog at doggy day care twice a week (I walk it 5 times a week) they have said would it step on my toes if they accepted.

In all honesty, this is just the last of a few things that have happened the past week whilst I've been away. I've just landed back in the UK, read that message and feel like crying. It was so nice to have a week away from all this crap!

I don't currently offer doggy daycare and won't until we move in the next year.

How would other people handle this? Am I probably going to have to suck it up and just lose that business a couple of days a week?

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Have a chat with the owner but if that's what they want then yes, you will have to go along with it unless you are going to give up the other 3 days too

3. joface

joface PetForums Member

Agreed, shame for you though :-(

4. Dr Pepper

Dr Pepper Banned

Don't take this the wrong way, but that statement, are you sure self-employment is for you? To be honest that's a minor hiccup that you should be dealing with in your stride. What else is "all this crap"? Sounds like you have more problems, maybe you can share and we can help.

rona likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice