Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Coughing/wretching

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by becky.park, Oct 22, 2018.

1. becky.park

becky.park PetForums Newbie

My 5/6 month old kitten has had the occasional coughing/wretching episode over the past few days but hasn't been sick or brought up a hairball. It only lasts for 30 seconds or so and he seems perfectly fine in every other aspect - he's eating normally, drinking water, playing and purring and his poop is good. He can usually be soothed out of coughing as well.

We're going to the vets a week today for his final vaccination and I'll ask the vet then. But do you think I should go to the vets before or am I just being a paranoid pet mum and it's just his first hairball forming? I'm going to try to catch it on video for the vet.

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I'd bring him in. He's a bit young for hairballs, and if he's ill he shouldn't have a vaccination, so best to get it sorted before that's due.

moggie14 and chillminx like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice