UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

13061 - 13080 of 13104 Posts

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I've just been in asda, masked as always I wear ffp2 masks, n9 9ne else masked, I'm in an electric wheelchair a woman wouldn't wait for me to move and starts checking over me so ran over her foot, she screamed I said oops . She won't do that again, give me space
While that was very rude of the women, running over her foot wasn't really a good idea either.

I too am a wheelchair user and while I would hate to be leaned over like that, I'd never purposefully run over someones foot.
Wheelchair users are already not always treated like normal humans by some people, but behaviour like that isn't going to make people treat us any better.

I don't know the answer right now though.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
While that was very rude of the women, running over her foot wasn't really a good idea either.

I too am a wheelchair user and while I would hate to be leaned over like that, I'd never purposefully run over someones foot.
Wheelchair users are already not always treated like normal humans by some people, but behaviour like that isn't going to make people treat us any better.

I don't know the answer right now though.
I was peeved big time, I've had this my entire life and people are ignorant pigs at times.

Reactions: Deguslave

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I was peeved big time, I've had this my entire life and people are ignorant pigs at times.
I get that, I really do. If I listed all the ways I've been treated badly my whole life due to disability (physical and developmental) I'd still be here come Christmas!
It's just, changing the reaction to the rude people in a positive way, will hopefully make them think and consider their actions next time, rather than make them angry.

·
Premium Member
33,934 Posts
I get that, I really do. If I listed all the ways I've been treated badly my whole life due to disability (physical and developmental) I'd still be here come Christmas!
It's just, changing the reaction to the rude people in a positive way, will hopefully make them think and consider their actions next time, rather than make them angry.
Apart from a few times when I really been upset, I always say sorry even if it's not my fault.

Reactions: kimthecat

·
Registered
19,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13,066 ·
At last visiting restrictions at hospitals have been lifted, a patient can now have one visitor a day for 2 hours.
About time!

Sister and her DD have Covid. Sis is vulnerable and she contacted her doctor and they arranged for anti virals Pavloid to be sent the next day from Chelsea and westminster CMDU ( covid medicines delivery unit ) by courier. She seems to be doing ok.

·
Registered
19,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13,068 ·
Is anyone still wearing a mask? You have to wear them in hospitals. I'm still wearing one when I visit any stores

It seems there have been more outbreaks of Covid Omnicron variations.
Covid infections in the UK are up by more than 40%, the latest weekly Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures suggest.
Around 1.4m people in the UK had coronavirus in the week ending 11 June, up from around 990,000 the week before.

·
Registered
14,799 Posts
I seem to be the only person still wearing a mask where I live and there's hardly anyone social distancing anymore. It's like most people think covid has all gone away, and everything's back to how it used to be.

·
Human mother to Oscar
12,813 Posts
Is anyone still wearing a mask? You have to wear them in hospitals. I'm still wearing one when I visit any stores

Covid infections in the UK are up by more than 40%, the latest weekly Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures suggest.
Around 1.4m people in the UK had coronavirus in the week ending 11 June, up from around 990,000 the week before.
Mask wearing was removed from the hospital I work in last week. I’m still wearing mine - and am the only member of staff I’ve seen at all still wearing one. There are a few departments where they still need to be worn. There is one doctor I do a clinic with, who wears one when she’s with me as she respects how I feel. Whilst it’s nice not to have to argue with people anymore, I really feel unsafe - we have upwards of 100 people a day passing through our department and are often in quite small rooms with them for varying lengths of time. There’s a whole thing of, “we must respect people who want to wear a mask still” - and yet every day I’ve worked since the rules changed, I’ve been asked by many people why I’m still wearing one. I await the emails asking us to all work bank shifts once the infection rates amongst staff go up again…!

I’m also still wearing them in shops, only a couple of people besides me last week, I’ll see later today when I go to Tesco.

·
Premium Member
29,562 Posts
I wear a mask in medical settings and visiting MIL but otherwise, usually no.

I’m triple jabbed and have had covid (was still following mask/hand protocols then too) so have told myself my immune system has it covered …. 🤞

I’ll have the 4th jab when offered.

·
Still missing my boys
42,311 Posts

I'm still wearing one in all indoor settings, only seen one other elderly man wearing one in the last month. I went for my 4th jab on Tuesday, bearing in mind that a lot of us are vulnerable, not one person dealing with me was wearing a mask and I was ushered into a tiny room with two people who had already mixed with dozens of people :(

·
Look into my eyes....
17,612 Posts
I’m not going to shops that much, if at all, have been to pubs though. Only wearing a mask in hospital situations as we are still required to here as of 10 days ago.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
In Spain masks are still required in medical places (hospitals, drs, pharmacies, vets). Not sure about public transport but still see masks in taxis. Some shop staff still wearing them, but not legally required.

I have mixed feelings. So much easier to communicate without masks (I'm hearing and speech impaired) but feel safer with masks. Not just worried about covid either, flu and colds can be nasty.

·
Yoshi Tonks! :-)
6,438 Posts
Mostly don't wear a mask now. Do usually carry one around tho so if an environment feels particularly close and busy I can wear one - or if it seems the right thing to do. Took one of the cats to the vets for check up, practice no longer require masks but I noticed my vet was wearing one so when I went in for consultation I put mine on.

Went to a cat show at the weekend and it was really busy and I'd forgotten my mask so ended up spending a lot of time outside and away from the people (which is daft really as the thing I like about cat show is showing off tonks and Jammy to people heh).

·
Premium Member
29,562 Posts
I'm still wearing one in all indoor settings, only seen one other elderly man wearing one in the last month. I went for my 4th jab on Tuesday, bearing in mind that a lot of us are vulnerable, not one person dealing with me was wearing a mask and I was ushered into a tiny room with two people who had already mixed with dozens of people :(
That’s not right. Comes under “medical setting” and would expect masks still to be encouraged tbh.

13061 - 13080 of 13104 Posts