UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

13041 - 13060 of 13104 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,934 Posts
My elderly neighbours have both tested positive in the last couple of days. Both are in their eighties and already not in great health. They are triple jabbed.
Hope they'll be alright.

·
Still missing my boys
42,311 Posts
Me too @Happy Paws2, they're a lovely couple who've been together over 60 years. I know they are a close knit family and another neighbour who was a care worker has been looking after them. I've offered to help, but I'm virtually housebound so there's not a lot I can do.
There seems no rhyme nor reason to who gets hit hard. Lets hope they both sail through with just a snuffle and a few aches

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm still double masking when I'm out and about, which isn't often, but I'm seeing less and less people wearing them.

Apparently, with my neighbours, its hit the husband more severely - he's a diabetic, but its made his wife deaf - she has high blood pressure. I've noticed washing on the line this morning so hopefully its just like a heavy head cold.

I should add, I've never seen either of them wearing a mask.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I still wish more people would still wear face masks in supermarkets.
I've just been in asda, masked as always I wear ffp2 masks, n9 9ne else masked, I'm in an electric wheelchair a woman wouldn't wait for me to move and starts checking over me so ran over her foot, she screamed I said oops . She won't do that again, give me space

·
Premium Member
33,934 Posts
I've just been in asda, masked as always I wear ffp2 masks, n9 9ne else masked, I'm in an electric wheelchair a woman wouldn't wait for me to move and starts checking over me so ran over her foot, she screamed I said oops . She won't do that again, give me space
There are times I'd love to to that with my scooter, but I've just running into there trolly wakes them up.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
That's a little unnecessary, ask her to move back and if she had any decency she would. I would not deliberately hurt someone because they were invading my space.
A lot of people now may be a little oblivious because a lot are back to normal. Doesn't make them selfish or bad people. If you feel vulnerable because they are too close tell them so.

Reactions: O2.0 and rona

·
Still missing my boys
42,311 Posts
Would have been too late with the woman that followed me into the Bakers the other day and coughed all over me :mad:

The bakers are very good and still do ask that only two people go in at a time, but of course she was so entitled that she didn't need to take any notice of that either :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
33,934 Posts
That's a little unnecessary, ask her to move back and if she had any decency she would. I would not deliberately hurt someone because they were invading my space.
A lot of people now may be a little oblivious because a lot are back to normal. Doesn't make them selfish or bad people. If you feel vulnerable because they are too close tell them so.
You'd be surprised how rude some people are to wheelchair and scooter users, they look at you as if you have no right to be there or when you ask them nicely to move they ignore you. I've come very close myself but so far I've rammed their trolly out of the way a few feet when they have been leaning it, that wakes them up.

Fortunately most people aren't like that they are very kind and helpful.:)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Idk I wouldn't consider it acceptable in normal times to lean over a wheelchair/scooter user to see what's on the shelf, gives off the impression they're in your way and you can't give them the decency to say "excuse me". I'd find it very selfish. Saying that, I wouldn't run over them, probably would've just let them know my thoughts in a less-than-nice manner.
That last bit I was speaking generally. Before that I said I wouldn't hurt someone who was invading my space, making me uncomfortable.
And also generally no matter how rude a person is it doesn't mean its OK to do something like that. No matter how much you may want to that's all

Reactions: £54etgfb6

·
Premium Member
33,934 Posts
Idk I wouldn't consider it acceptable in normal times to lean over a wheelchair/scooter user to see what's on the shelf, gives off the impression they're in your way and you can't give them the decency to say "excuse me". I'd find it very selfish. Saying that, I wouldn't run over them, probably would've just let them know my thoughts in a less-than-nice manner.
I spend most of my time in the supermarket saying sorry am I in your way, or I'll move out of your way, mainly people are very nice say it's OK can I help you, I always move out of their way if I can. There's the odd one who can but rather nasty.

It might be just me but I think been able to use my scooter inside a shop a privilege not a right, I try to respect other people as I expect them to treat me.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
It's not just a one off though, it happens constantly I've even had someone try and climb 9ver ny chair in a crowded place to get past where I've not been able to just move out of grey way and people look at you like your crap. I use a chair because I cannot walk, legs don't work. Some people are polite but you'd be surprised at the amount of people who just don't give a hoot.

Reactions: Deguslave

·
Premium Member
33,934 Posts
It's not just a one off though, it happens constantly I've even had someone try and climb 9ver ny chair in a crowded place to get past where I've not been able to just move out of grey way and people look at you like your crap. I use a chair because I cannot walk, legs don't work. Some people are polite but you'd be surprised at the amount of people who just don't give a hoot.
My legs don't work very well either that's why I have a scooter better all round protection and I wouldn't feel safe in wheelchair I'd be frighten of it tipping over and I'd feel vulnerable.

Reactions: kimthecat

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
My legs don't work very well either that's why I have a scooter better all round protection and I wouldn't feel safe in wheelchair I'd be frighten of it tipping over and I'd feel vulnerable.
You wouldn't tip over in a power chair. They are fitted with anti tip bars at the back and a kerb climber at the front. I couldn't get on to a scooter, wouldn't be able to transfer into one. I use my power chair when im going out and manual around the house.

·
Premium Member
33,934 Posts
You wouldn't tip over in a power chair. They are fitted with anti tip bars at the back and a kerb climber at the front. I couldn't get on to a scooter, wouldn't be able to transfer into one. I use my power chair when im going out and manual around the house.
It's just that I'd feel so open at the front, having the handle bar at the front and a set of wheels I just feel safe. I can manage with a 4 wheeled walker in the house.

Reactions: David C
13041 - 13060 of 13104 Posts