UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 13102 Posts

·
Registered
11,647 Posts
It seems this is spreading. I'm a bit worried as I'm immunocompromised due to the meds I take. I shall have to start wearing a mask :D
I think these days you're probably more in danger of being infected by Dengue than you are by the Coronavirus, but because it's been around for such a long time no one even mentions it (Having been infected, I can tell you it's not very pleasant)!

If you remember when we had all the hysteria about Ebola in the UK? In the end how many people actually caught it? Not very many!

https://reliefweb.int/report/world/who-scales-response-worldwide-surge-dengue

WHO scales up response to worldwide surge in dengue

·
Premium Member
33,908 Posts
In they are over panicking, I'm still more lightly to get hit by lighting than caught it over here.

Reactions: Magyarmum

·
Registered
19,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I
If you remember when we had all the hysteria about Ebola in the UK? In the end how many people actually caught it? Not very many!
perhaps because they took strict precautions?

In they are over panicking, I'm still more lightly to get hit by lighting than caught it over here.
So you think they should ignore it. ?

·
Registered
20,750 Posts
I think they've only had one case in the US so far. Its unfortunate it's the Chinese New Year and many Chinese are traveling abroad.
Surely if it's so bad China should shut down all airports, no coming in or leaving the country until the virus is no longer spreading?

·
Registered
20,750 Posts

·
Registered
20,750 Posts
The UK is monitoring flights from China so that will help. While it is not as serious as some other diseases , the worry is it might mutate. Better safe than sorry.
Oh deffinantly better safe than sorry. Though personally I still think there should be no flights in and out of China until its sorted, but I am aware that I am rather OTT when it comes to this kinda thing.

·
Registered
19,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh deffinantly better safe than sorry. Though personally I still think there should be no flights in and out of China until its sorted, but I am aware that I am rather OTT when it comes to this kinda thing.
I agree with you about the flights. They may well do this. I'm OTT to about this too. :)

·
Registered
12,681 Posts
My Chinese neighbour was head-hunted and she and her family went off to Shanghai in December . . . another guy I know with a Chinese wife debating whether to cancel their trip to China in March.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-outbreak-latest-symptoms-virus-a9298036.html

According to the Independent there are 4 cases found in Scotland. And I cant find the article now, but I've read they are concerned it has mutated

"A handful people in Scotland are being tested for the coronavirus, Edinburgh University's head of infection medicine, Professor Jurgen Haas, told the BBC.

All are displaying flu-like symptoms and have been in Wuhan in the past 14 days."

Reactions: kimthecat
1 - 20 of 13102 Posts