Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Copped out

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rona, Jan 3, 2012.

1. rona

rona Still missing my boys

So hands up, who's copped out of the dog walk this morning? :D

2. oveione

oveione PetForums VIP

Well just had a quick round the block walk hoping it might calm down a bit later if not will just be another round the block quickie i hate this weather!

3. fluffybunny2001

fluffybunny2001 PetForums VIP

well i went out,but after about a minute,fudge turned around and started walking home himself!!
    he is currently wrapped in a towel on the sofa.:)

4. troublestrouble

troublestrouble PetForums Senior

we were out in it!!!!

had their first day walking on the lead together, talk about a baptism of fire especially when Trouble had a poo on the way to the common and i've got two dogs on two leads (Stark's first day walking to the common), wind and rain battering us down and a poo bag which refused to blow the right way round. hoping tomorrow will be slightly easier :)

5. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

OH took lola before it got 2 bad here
    I dont think she will be getting an afternoon run if this dont calm down a bit and even then it will be just a quick one round the block

OH dont mind walking her in the rain just she will just sit there and not move lol

6. Cloud&JaysMum

Cloud&JaysMum PetForums Senior

Well I do have to say I am pretty hardy and will walk in most weathers but OMG, the rain and wind here has been lashing down so much it looks white..... my hubby just rang to say he would come home for a bit so I could take the dogs out (small man doesn't go back to school till tomorrow) ...... but he said that his visibility in the car was almost zero, it was hail stoning......... and there are wheelie bins (including mine) blowing up and down the road :eek:........ so I have decided that for now the treadmill will come out and we will do some basic training and hide and seek in the house and then I will see if its eased after tea tonight and then both hopefully will still get their evening walk.

7. moonviolet

moonviolet PetForums VIP

Nothing normally puts me off but today the flying branches and falling trees have us holed up inside, even the street is tree lined! I've gathered up my serious wet weather gear and will be hopping in the car and heading out to the heath shortly

8. MissBexi

MissBexi PetForums VIP

We tried to walk out this morning but poor Suki couldn't keep her footing so we're heading out in a bit when the wind calms down... Also we weren't so keen to get hit by runaway wheelie bins lol.

9. tiggerthumper

tiggerthumper PetForums VIP

It's a wee bit scary isn't it, there are a lot of trees round here and I really don't want to get squashed by one so it's quick round the blocks and fingers crossed it calms down soon.

10. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Nope - not a chance :rolleyes:; although I had been planning on going to the forest which I shelved!

11. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

Somehow my OH managed it this morning - even though I had to help him on with his shoes because he's pulled a muscle in his back!! :eek:

Poor dog couldn't do much though...hard to stop for a poo when it's that windy!! :p

12. henry

henry PetForums VIP

We managed an hour and a quarter in the woods - very windy, though!! Henry had to be washed off in the bath as he was so muddy..... waiting to see about the next walk - it may be a walk around the village if it calms down.

13. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

3 fence panels down in the garden, but dog has been walked- and it looks to be brightening up now Hurrah

14. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

I was out at 7am and it hadnt hit here yet ..We got back at 8 just as the first raindrops started to fall...

My friend had decided on a lie in as she doesnt have to work....I think shes regretting it now LOL

15. rottiemum

rottiemum PetForums VIP

Disastrous, isn't it? I've got at least 3 roof tiles gone and had to detour this morning because of a massive tree across the road. :(

16. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Mine biys did. Alfie hates the rain and i won't force him to go for a walk he won't enjoy. Oscar struggles at the best of times, so high winds and driving rains are a huge no no.

I spent 2 hours out in it though, trying to mend my fence as it swayed procariously. One leg slipped in the pond and i went ass over tits on the mud.

Calm and sunny now though.

17. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

*raises hand*

although sophie hates the wind so im doing her a favour :p

18. Argent

Argent PetForums VIP

Nope I actually braved it! :D I was so relieved it wasn't raining, but the wind nearly took me off my feet! A half hour street walk then another hour or so on the field, then my mum drove us back - it was rocking the car and the wheelie bins out front are now lying in the hedge :eek: We're currently curled up having a well deserved rest, going to keep the walkies short this afternoon, hoping we get a chance to go out before it gets too dark...

19. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

i half copped out. i took sammy and george out, but left buster and max in bed.

other halfs took them out after i left for work though :D

20. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

I copped out. Although I have done some scentwork and retrieve training with him, and also done a Dog Magic interactive game with him to keep his mind busy. He doesn't seem bothered though, he just sleeps in front of the fire all day. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice