Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Coping....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by stockwellcat., Apr 9, 2017.

1. stockwellcat.

stockwellcat. Banned

Just over two weeks ago (I was absent for a brief period on pf) I lost a relative. Now I am trying to gather my thoughts back at home after celebrating their life the best way possible in the the best send off ever last week.

I don't want to go into details but if you seen my other threads on this you will know what I am on about.

Thanks for your time and for reading my thread.

#1 stockwellcat., Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017
  2. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry you have lost someone close to you, my thoughts are with you and your family ar this very sad time.

stockwellcat. likes this.
  3. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

A difficult time, take care x

Sorry for your loss :(

4. rottiepointerhouse

rottiepointerhouse PetForums VIP

Sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to give your relative such a good send off. We all grieve in our own way so give yourself some time and space.

5. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Hope you are ok xx

6. stockwellcat.

stockwellcat. Banned

It's kind of hitting me right now but I'll be ok. I am more concerned about my remaining parent than me, but this person has assured me they are ok. I always think of others before myself, that's just me. My head is spinning at the moment as things happened so fast.

Sorry for spilling the beans so to speak as I know this is a public forum about pets and I shouldn't be doing this. Sorry :Muted:(

#6 stockwellcat., Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017
  7. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Don't you dare be sorry for feeling the way you do and posting accordingly xx

To lose a parent is huge, just give yourself time to take it in and grieve.

8. Mirandashell

Mirandashell Banned

Even when you know it's going to happen it's a tough thing to deal with. Both your own feelings and other people's. So don't feel bad for writing out your feelings in a place where the other people affected won't see.

9. Babyshoes

Babyshoes PetForums Senior

So sorry to hear you've lost a parent, and so quickly too. I can only imagine how tough that must be.

Everyone grieves differently, there is no right or wrong, and if letting it out on here helps, then that's perfectly OK.

Sending virtual hugs if they help. X

Lurcherlad and stockwellcat. like this.
  10. DT

DT Banned

Sorry to read of your loss stockwell, take care x

11. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry for your loss, it's never the right time to lose a parent. Be kind to yourself , give yourself time. You may know I lost my only brother suddenly a couple of months ago, I was totally unprepared for how hard it woud hit me and felt dazed and confused for weeks. Bless you.xx

Lurcherlad and stockwellcat. like this.
  12. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

:( I'm so very sorry to hear this . You must feel dreadful. Grieving is a healing process you have to go through , I think if you try to avoid it , it will catch up with you at a later time and hits you hard. [​IMG]

13. Chillicat

Chillicat PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry for your loss, losing a loved one is never easy & we all grieve in our own way. I recently lost a much loved Uncle & I was shocked by just how much his death affected me, I didn't expect the reaction I had.
    Take time for yourself.

14. HarlequinCat

HarlequinCat PetForums VIP

I am so sorry @stockwellcat . We all grieve in different ways, it's hard at first. Anything and everything you see or hear in the everyday may make you think of them, it's hard but it will become bearable in time. If you let yourself feel what you feel, and don't try and hide from it.

15. grumpy goby

grumpy goby Grumpy wench.

Sorry for your loss. I hope you, your family and friends are all bearing up in this hard time.
    Grieve in your own time and your own way. Take time to look after yourself.

16. Mercgirl

Mercgirl PetForums Member

Sorry for your loss.

We all grieve differently, and even years after losing a loved one, a simple little thing can trigger the feeling of loss.

I lost my father and my kid brother in the same year, 2001, and just a couple of weeks ago someone in the queue in front of me was buying a bottle of Southern Comfort, which my brother always drank, and it brought tears to my eyes. You can't control how you are feeling, or how a little thing will bring you to tears, so just let it happen.

I lost my stepfather to cancer two years ago. I adored Glyn, he had been my stepfather for 35 years, and made my mother really happy. When I got the call after work one night to say we'd lost him, I just felt numb. I got up the next day and headed to work as usual, and it was only when someone at work said 'Hi Lis, you OK?' that I broke down. Sometimes it takes a while for the true grief to sink in, and that is normal too.

However you are feeling, or coping, is right for you.

HarlequinCat likes this.
  17. foxiesummer

foxiesummer PetForums VIP

Luv'n'Hugs

18. TallulahCat

TallulahCat PetForums VIP

I'm sorry for your loss. After the funeral can be the hardest time as everyone expects you to be starting to feel better now. But as the shock fades and reality sets in, that's when you start actually dealing with it. So do keep reaching out whenever you need. Anyone who has been through it should get it.

Do look after yourself. You're no use to anyone else if you don't. Sending you love and strength x

Blaise in Surrey likes this.
  19. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

I am so sorry to hear your sad news.

Never apologies for talking about your sorrow and memories here. I've endured enough loss to know that sometimes talking be that face to face or online can ease the pain a little, but there is no wrong or right way to grieve or indeed a time limit.

20. Matrod

Matrod Moderator
    Staff Member

Very sorry to hear about you loss :( thinking of you at this sad time. Please don't apologise about posting about this, if you need to let it out, do so.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice