Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Coping with the heat!

Discussion in 'Animal Jobs & Working with Animals' started by Nicolle C, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Nicolle C

Nicolle C PetForums Newbie

Hello what do you all do in regards to walking dogs when its really hot outside? If it is too hot do you play games in the garden instead? Or do something different? Any advice would be much appreciated

2. CuddleMonster

CuddleMonster PetForums VIP

Walking my own dog, I walk early and late to avoid the heat of the day. Bonnie seems to be more sensitive to heat than most dogs.

If you are asking about dogs you walk for other people, I guess the best thing is to ask the owners. I'd certainly avoid the hottest part of the day whatever you do - I burnt my hand hanging out washing this morning because I touched the metal bit of a clothes peg, so it is REALLY hot!

3. Nicolle C

Thank you for your advice. Yes I was referring to walking dogs professionally :) Ouch! I bet that hurt!

4. labradrk

labradrk PetForums VIP

Walkers have I use/have used either: do a very short walk somewhere appropriate with shade/water, walk earlier if possible, or just do a home visit.

5. Nicolle C

Great thanks! :)

6. Nicolle C

Thank you for your advice. Yes I was referring to walking dogs professionally :)Ouch! I bet that hurt!

7. Marr78

Marr78 PetForums Newbie

My friend who walks dogs only walks them through parks where there is sufficient shade from the trees. Also one idea is to take stops at the benches in the shades so that you don't over walk them for long periods of time :)

8. Nicolle C

Great idea, thank you for your advice :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice