Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cooling down

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jun 25, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

In this hot weather, our pair love nothing more than a frozen peanut butter kong.
    Unfortunately that's what my son has for his lunch too so there's not much left.

I have just put in their water dish, a block of ice with biscuits in it the size of an ice cream tub.
    Now all I can hear is Dave's collar chinking off the dish he has been at it for 20 minutes solid now! Lol

What do you use to cool your dogs off with? I can't let them outside as they have no sense and just run about like loonies.

x

2. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

What, you give your son a kong!?:D

3. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I thought that too lol

My lot don't do water the whippets are only allowed out for 10 minutes then they are fetched in. The greyhounds are allowed to go in and out as they please as if they get too hot they will go into their crates. Zoe the setter stays in when its hot she doesn't lke it. They have the air conditioning on so its quite cool in the back room for them.

4. Husky-Owner

Husky-Owner PetForums Member

ice lolly's, a frozen bottle of water, cold wet towel to lie on, fan, few different things :)

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Hehe Lol no I meant peanut butter sandwich :D

x

6. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

I'm hoping to get a cheap paddling pool tomorrow in tesco because the other night I was watering the plants and all Cheeko done was chase the hose and got a tiny bit soaked so I think he would enjoy a pool. I've never gave him a kong so I'm not sure how he would be with one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice