Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cooked chicken & freezing

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by LittleEms, Mar 29, 2021.

1. LittleEms

LittleEms PetForums Senior

Definitely a novice/obvious question but I just want to check!

The kittens have to stay in a cattery for 5 days in May and they will still be on a diet with some cooked chicken for some meals. If I pre-cook all the chicken they need can I then freeze it (I assume without Felini added) and take that with them to the cattery? I also assume I won't be able to add the cooking water to it either.

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

You need to ask the cattery if they will accept it. You should be able to freeze portions including liquid & Fellini complete

3. LittleEms

LittleEms PetForums Senior

Fab thank you. I was going to ring her, she was fine when I told her they had frozen patties that I would provide so I imagine this will be okay for her too. Just wanted to make sure it was safe to freeze!

4. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

It should be fine to freeze

5. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

I cook the meat and put the weighed portions in ice cube trays and add the liquid. I then have ready to eat meals, just thaw and add the correct amount of pre-mix!

Or, even more ready to eat- mix the meat, liquid and premix first, then weigh and freeze into meal sized portions.

LittleEms likes this.
  6. urbantigers

urbantigers PetForums VIP

I add Felini and water to raw meat in bulk and freeze it in portions ready to eat. Can’t see any problem with doing that with cooked. I do, sometimes, add extra taurine before serving but omitting that wouldn’t be a problem for a short while. When they go to the cattery, i take it frozen and they are happy to put it in their freezer and feed according to my instructions.

LittleEms likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice