Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Converting shed into grooming salon

Discussion in 'Dog Grooming' started by Emma&Bertie, May 10, 2019.

1. Emma&Bertie

Emma&Bertie PetForums Newbie

I have a large 10x7 ft plastic shed that I plan to use as a grooming salon in my private garden. Plumber has said the weight of bath filled with water may be too much for plastic flooring although it's sitting on paving slabs.
    Anyone else converted a plastic type shed and had problems ? Also re heating I was going to use a small freestanding heater for winter months. Plumber says this is too dangerous?
    Any tips or personal experience would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance. Emma

2. Hardwick Hounds

Hardwick Hounds PetForums Senior

It sounds too small tbh. It sounds like the plumber has given you good advice. I think plastic sheds are designed solely for storage. You would need a purpose built cabin. Google grooming pods.

3. Emma&Bertie

Emma&Bertie PetForums Newbie

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've attached a photo. Understand what you mean however the last group my spaniel had was in a cabin about the same size so not sure really.

QUOTE="Hardwick Hounds, post: 1065432930, member: 1324693"]It sounds too small tbh. It sounds like the plumber has given you good advice. I think plastic sheds are designed solely for storage. You would need a purpose built cabin. Google grooming pods.[/QUOTE]

Attached Files:

4. Hardwick Hounds

Hardwick Hounds PetForums Senior

I can see why you want to use it. Can you ask why he specifically thinks it's not safe and make adjustments? Like a different kind of heater and taking up the plastic floor and cobefio the slabs with floorboards or plywood?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice