Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

'Control Collar'?

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Birdie Wife, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Birdie Wife

Birdie Wife PetForums Member

Okay, first I have to admit to a guilty pleasure... I quite often flick through the shopping channels on Sky telly :blushing: some of the stuff they try to flog there is just hilarious... but anyway, I came across a guy selling a 'system' for controlling bad behaviour in dogs, and the testimonials all said it was a miracle, their dog would jump up/pul on the lead/bark/etc/etc but now is the perfect, well-balanced pooch after just 20 minutes on the 'system'. I had to watch for quite a while to find out what was involved and I'm not going to buy it 'cos it's £35 +P&P.

Basically you get a series of DVDs and a special collar which they assured the viewers did not use shocks to work, but used a more natural type of control, the sort that a mother dog would use to reprimand her offspring. Without buying the collar I'm not at all sure what sort of control it uses. I'm guessing from the picture that it contracts a little (or a lot??) when you press a remote, because the collar is made up of plastic segments joined with wire.

Now this sounds well dodgy to me, has anyone heard of it/used it before?

2. Savahl

Savahl Guest

hmmm doesnt sound good does it... illusion collar type maybe, or worse still, prong collar?? (i was told by a trainer these simulated mothers nip) - not nice and DEFINATLY not to be used simply by dvd instruction....

Google time!

3. Savahl

Savahl Guest

what channel was it?

4. Birdie Wife

Birdie Wife PetForums Member

Not a prong collar, I'm pretty sure... didn't have a box on the front, it just looked like a standard collar but made of plastic segments.

gosh, there's so many... really can't remember, sorry :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice