UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am considering getting a self cleaning cat litter box as recently I have found that everytime Cuddles goes to use her current cat litter tray I have to clean it out before she will use it again (Yes I know she has become very fussy).

I have seen this Omega Paw Self Cleaning Litter Box on Pet Planet and was wondering if it is any good: Omega Paw Self Cleaning Litter Box Large Cat Litter Trays for Sale found a video presentation on this product here:

I know the cat litter box doesn't actually clean itself but the idea of just tilting it and the poops and wee clumps go into a separate compartment and then emptying it once a day seems a good idea.

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Honestly have no idea about this but my ears pricked up at the self cleaning thing!! Anything that cleans itself is a massive hit with me. If you get it let us know how it works for you. It sounds amazing!!

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
I have never used one but don't like the idea of this at all, rolling the box over just spreads the faeces and urine all around the box which I would imagine must make it smell more.

I also don't like the idea of my cats brushing past against the inside wall of a box that works like that and I think its 'convenience' seems to be at the expense of the cats comfort and hygiene.

I am happy to keep mine clean the traditional way :).

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
I have never used one but don't like the idea of this at all, rolling the box over just spreads the faeces and urine all around the box which I would imagine must make it smell more.

I also don't like the idea of my cats brushing past against the inside wall of a box that works like that and I think its 'convenience' seems to be at the expense of the cats comfort and hygiene.

Coudn´t agree more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly have no idea about this but my ears pricked up at the self cleaning thing!! Anything that cleans itself is a massive hit with me. If you get it let us know how it works for you. It sounds amazing!!
I just saw this video Omega Paw Roll'n Clean Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box How to Use - YouTube and thought good idea. Obviously it doesn't physically clean itself but from what I understand you roll it over and the poop and pee goes into a separate compartment and you just take the tray out of the compartment and dispose of the wastage instead of scooping 4 to 6 times a day.

It does sound quite good and I am thinking of getting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I tend to use clumping litter (Cost Cutters Clumping Litter) so the wee and poop will be clumped up anyway.

I do see your concern with hygiene.

I haven't bought this product yet and was just fishing for feedback and now you have mentioned this it is kind of turning me off the idea and sticking with the traditional way of doing things :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I don't have any self cleaning boxes atm, but have looked at the likes of the Litter Robot and Cat Genie as they don't seem to be dirtying the entire litter box like the rolling ones. There is also one in a draw that self rakes from memory.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Like the concept but I won't pay £30 for having to simply roll a big box. I'll still find it easier and cheaper to use a scoop and plastic carrier bag. My cats don't seem to use their two boxes so often now anyway as they can go outside.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have decided not to bother getting this and will stick to the traditional methods of doing things :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.