Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

confused about worming

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by kelly-m-e, Jun 4, 2010.

1. kelly-m-e

kelly-m-e PetForums Member

since iv had the new rabbits iv decided its best to worm them all again. I previously looked after a very poorly rabbit with head tilt who passed away in the end. So all my 'original' rabbits had a 21 day course. I read somewhere, not sure where, that its no longer needed and a smaller dose can be given.
    Im not sure how true it all is. So what do you all suggest?

2. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

:scared::scared: Please, please don't believe that....
    For rabbits they need a 28 day course of panacur and a full bleach of their enclosure on days 21 and 28 (Anything that can't be bleached needs to be thrown out)
    The life cycle for the ec spore is 28 days so anything short of this is just a waste of money :eek:

3. kelly-m-e

kelly-m-e PetForums Member

:scared:
    ok thanks, i will do them for the full 28 days then. i just read loads of different things and was totally confused

4. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

I've been doing mine for 26 days now and did a complete bleach last weekend! Its been hassle but it'll be worth it :)

Your rabbits are house buns aren't they? My vet said that as mine are house buns and no wild animals can get into our garden then just the 28days once is enough unless I get another rabbit. There is of course a small chance they could still pick it up if I went walking somewhere where wild rabbits have been and then walked into the rabbit room but I only wear my slippers in their room so their chances of picking it up are extremely slim.

If wild animals can get into your garden though and the rabbits go outside then you need to do them at least once a year really.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice