Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

confirmed hopefully ?

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by rottielover, Jul 7, 2009.

1. rottielover

rottielover PetForums Junior

Hi I just thought i would let you know that when my dog was laying on her side today I have noticed a lump i felt her tummy very softly and could feel something round and hard I am just wondering would this be a skull she is 4 weeks this week her appetite has severly increased over the past couple of days and she has become quite moody with my other dog also everytime we stroke her belly she puts her head to her bell and starts licking does these sound like the signs of pregnancy just to recap I took her to the vets last week and the vet said she didd'nt think she was pregnant but could'nt be 100%sure if anybody has any thoughts that would be great thanks

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I havent a clue myself, but dont like a thread unanswered.

Have you had her scanned?

3. rottielover

No she hasn't been scanned yet as the vet said she didd'nt think she was pregnant

4. kath123

kath123 Guest

Maybe now you have felt it, either take her to another vet for a second opinion or take her back to your original vet and say "what is this then?. xxx

5. rottielover

thanku do you think it could be the signs that she is pregnant her ribs seem to be larger as well

6. clairescunny55

clairescunny55 PetForums Member

i would get a 2nd opinion. good luck xx

7. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

hi yer. i'd be inclined to get her scanned if you can . do you have anyone in your area? i wouldn't go to another vet.i know of someone in sussex and kent if thats any hlp, probably not lol

8. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

Yes i would get a 2nd opinion, hope it all gos well keep us posted

9. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Sorry i didnt see this before but like others have said you could take her to a vets for a second opinion but that doesnt mean that the 2nd vet wont have the same opinion as the first!!
    Vets imo dont really have a clue about pregnant bitches and dont know what they are looking/feeling for..Im afraid that comes down to years of experince..

Its also been known one several occasions for a scan to be done and the owner to be told the bitch is not pregnant and the bitch later goes on to have pups! So the scan isnt alway 100% either!
    We did have a bitch scanned and she was told there was 5 pups maybe 6 but defo no more than that! she went on and had 8...
    Imo if you havent got the experince to know what your feeling for then your going to just have to play the waiting game!! (Even with the experince you cant always feel pups) Of course if your worried about your bitch health then the vets is the best place to go!

Hope this helps

10. rottielover

hi thanks for all your suggestions am going today at 5:30 to the vets so fingers crossed i will get a positive answer not just a not sure one .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice