Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Confidence to buy a puppy through PetForums

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Dianne Mauger, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Dianne Mauger

Dianne Mauger PetForums Newbie

Hi to all, I live in the Channel Islands. I am a little nervous of buying a puppy through PetForums, as you hear of so many scams . How can I best protect myself when I am not able easily to visit the breeder before paying the deposit?

Thanks in advance.

Dianne

2. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

kimthecat likes this.
  3. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

Do you mean through Pets4Homes? Petforums don't do sales, though there is a relationship between the sites.
    Going through Champdogs is safer, though if the dog you're after is a crossbreed, or non KC recognised breed, you won't find those on Champdogs.
    Also try breed clubs, and/or facebook groups for the breed or cross you want. There, you can ask for recommendations for trusted breeders, and be advised of those to avoid (subject to defamation law).

4. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Have you checked with your Local Recuse they sometimes have puppies as well and adult dogs.

margy and LinznMilly like this.
  5. JoanneF

JoanneF PetForums VIP

6. Dog Walker Woman

Dog Walker Woman PetForums Member

If you do still want to use Pets4homes they have a safe deposit scheme (Pets4homes keep the deposit until you get your puppy ) so on the ad you will see it says safe deposit, in blue, on the ad if the seller is using it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice