Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Concerning Online Grocery Deliveries During COVID-19 etc.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cully, Mar 14, 2020.

1. urbantigers

urbantigers PetForums VIP

I am totally jinxed when it comes to online shopping. Last week, Ocado eventually rang back to say they could deliver Sunday morning. The woman at customer services was so nice and had tried so hard to get them to find a delivery slot as soon as possible that I hadn’t the heart to say I’d booked a delivery with Waitrose. So I had that delivery on Sunday morning and moved my Waitrose delivery to today, then cancelled the Ocado delivery I had booked for today. That has just been but I’ve got somebody else’s shopping. At least some of it someone else’s. I’ve got most stuff but the veg I ordered is missing. I have 2 bags of fruit and veg (mostly fruit) which is not mine. I have spoken to customer services who are trying to contact the driver. I don’t know what is happening, or whether he is coming back, so am once again in limbo and unable to relax and just get on with my evening. Can’t properly relax and sort out supper when I’m not sure if he’s coming back or not. And whether he will be taking back the bags with the wrong shopping.

In all my years of online shopping, I’ve never had these problems. Guess I was due them but annoying nevertheless.

2. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I agree, although I did think the priority delivery slot was rather cheap at £2.00. Perhaps they are hoping people will go to click and collect or go into the shop now especially as shielding people can go out now, although I doubt many will do so.

3. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

@urbantigers ,I do sympathise. Fortunately most of my deliveries have gone pretty well since lockdown but It's so frustrating when things go wrong.
    In the past (pre covid), if they haven't got my order right in some way, I've just been able to nip up to Tesco to sort it out, as I'm only 5 minutes away. Usually it's something that has been left off because it's not in stock, but it IS in stock when I go to the store to complain 10 minutes after my delivery arrived.
    Now of course, there's no such thing as nipping anywhere, so we rely even more on them getting everything right.
    I hope they return with your missing stuff soon so you can get on preparing your meal, put your feet up and watch tv. (Isn't normal tv dreadful at the moment?)

4. urbantigers

urbantigers PetForums VIP

Not heard anything from them yet. Trying to get through to customer services again now for an update. Doesn’t look like they will be coming back with my missing items.

My TV is broke at the moment. I can watch it for a bit but it keeps putting itself into standby. So I am watching tv on my iPad. Things are really not going great for me at the moment!

Lurcherlad likes this.
  5. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

Yes I think BJ 'putting the brakes on' will make a lot of people think twice about going out, and keeping a close eye on how numbers are increasing in their own area.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  6. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

Oh that would drive me mad, poor you. My tv is on all the time although I don't sit and watch it all day, it's mainly for a bit of background company more than anything.
    I'd give him up for now and just get on with putting some sort of meal together. If my experience is anything to go by, as soon as you start doing something else, he'll show up. Never fails here!!

Lurcherlad likes this.
  7. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I noticed Tesco have got rid off their cheaper delivery charges, hope the others don't follow suit. I didn't realise, as I don't use them often, they have fixed or flexi slots. I've been looking at the fixed and there never are any for about two weeks but when I went into flexi there were quite a lot. :rolleyes: One of the reasons I like Sainsburys is I can get a delivery sometimes for 50p.

kimthecat likes this.
  8. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

*eyes open wide* what is this 50p delivery charity.

I don't feel happy taking 2 buses to the big Sainsbury on the opposite side of town and Might try my hand at registering If their ordinary delivery charge isn't ridiculously high

kimthecat and Charity like this.
  9. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

At the moment Sainsbury's charges depend on what time of day you choose, we normally have between 10-11am costs us £2.50

SbanR likes this.
  10. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

I got the courage to go out today, OH came with me and we went and got our fresh meat for the next two weeks and few treats we were only in there a few minutes, I was really glad to get home but at least I managed it. Tomorrow we get all the tinned and frozen and heavy stuff delivered no way could I have done all that.

#890 Happy Paws2, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    kimthecat, rona and Lurcherlad like this.
  11. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I kid you not. I.quite often get 50p slots for daytime delivery. The general charge is £2.50-£3.00, dearest are £5.00-£6.00.which I think are now early morning ones or late evening.

kimthecat and SbanR like this.
  12. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

Tesco delivery saver has gone up for new customers to £7.99 a month. It will still save me money and they do refund you if it doesn’t. You can use your club card points towards it and they are worth x3 their face value when used that way. It also means you get priority slots at Christmas and Easter.

13. Siskin

I found out a handy thing with Tesco deliveries. I can put in another address, so our address in Suffolk has gone in, and still maintain my priority delivery slots which is an absolute blessing. Planning to go to Suffolk in a week or two and we’ll stay for as long as we can

kimthecat, rona and Lurcherlad like this.
  14. Siskin

For the first time I’ve had a problem with a Tesco delivery I’ve just received.
    I was unpacking and I realised that none of the ‘fridge’ items were there, unfortunately the driver had already gone. I phoned customer services and the lady there has been really helpful, she couldn’t get hold of the driver so said she would phone the store and speak to them and phone me back which she duly did. The store advised that they will have to wait until the driver is back, so the customer services lady phone them at 5pm, but she will phone me first to check that the driver hasn’t realised and come back with the fridge items. Hopefully I should get an answer as to when it will be delivered sometime after 5pm

15. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Asda , I dont do substitutes so we dont get some of the things we ordered , generally three or four items.

Im thinking of going to the local co op early so there's no q . It will seem strange going back . Ive only been to Wickes and PAH and they are large stores.

16. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

The news has started to impact on online deliveries. I could get a next day one again but now only Wednesday is available for a week. Whilst I don’t want to add to that, I realise a lot of people on here rely on it.

EDIT - they have updated the site and released more slots so you can get one whenever you want.

#896 Jobeth, Sep 20, 2020 at 9:00 AM
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2020 at 10:45 AM
    Boxer123 likes this.
  17. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

yup, looks like delivery slots will be drying up again.:( Time to drag out the shopping trolley again I suppose!:rolleyes:

18. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

I’m hoping Asda will extend our priority slot.

19. mrs phas

mrs phas karma is a funny old thing

Ordered today for delivery tomorrow (Tesco) still on priority, but yeah gone up to £4.50, which is a blooming cheek, in my view
    But
    If Boris does bring in another lockdown, or even harsher restrictions, we will both be shielding again
    so on the premis of,
    if you don't use it, you lose it
    I used it

Lurcherlad likes this.
  20. Jobeth

Jobeth PetForums VIP

If you use delivery saver it is miles cheaper and they refund you if it isn’t. You can use your club card points to cover it and that reduces the cost even further.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice