Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Concerning Online Grocery Deliveries During COVID-19 etc.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cully, Mar 14, 2020.

1. urbantigers

urbantigers PetForums VIP

Did you get the email telling you how fantastic they will be when they ditch Waitrose and sell 50,000 brands of butter? :confused:

2. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

My DIL is shielding and got no joy at all from Waitrose or Ocado despite having been a regular customer with both for years. The hero turned out to be Tesco, annoying as we never loved them as a company. I’m not sure to what extent she’ll continue with Tesco over time but she sure as hell won’t return to her previous suppliers. Ocado in particular have not exactly shone through the last three months.

Picklelily and Sacremist like this.
  3. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

Yes, but I couldn’t be bothered to read all of it. They are full of the proverbial.

4. Boxer123

Boxer123 PetForums VIP

I’ve signed up for milk and more they are amazing.

SusieRainbow and rona like this.
  5. rona

rona Still missing my boys

It's like everywhere else, some good some not so good. Very convenient though :D

And

They seem to have Plain Flour, which no one else around here has. We've ordered some, will know tomorrow if it's true :)

Lurcherlad and Boxer123 like this.
  6. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I've been shopping online with Asda for years, but since lockdown it'd been really difficult to get any slots at all.
    Then a couple of weeks ago I managed to get a weekly slot, I don't know if it's coz of the delivery pass, which I've had for ages, or just being lucky to catch a spare slot, but I'm really thankful to have one less thing to worry about.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  7. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

Yes @jetsmum , I had the same experience. I've shopped and had deliveries from Tesco for years but at the beginning of lockdown I really struggled to get slots, and was forced to use Asda and Iceland a few times as I was afraid I would run out of good if I relied just on Tesco.
    Fortunately I started to get regular weekly Tesco slots a month ago which has taken a weight off my shoulders.
    I get the impression, from the drivers, that it's down to them having enough stock again, taking on more drivers and acquiring more vans.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  8. rona

I'm pleased to report that we now have a bag of plain flour in the cupboard :)

kimthecat, Sacremist, havoc and 5 others like this.
  9. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

I caught a bit of countryfile the other day filmed from a water powered flour mill. They had suddenly been inundated with orders when the supermarkets ran out of flour and had something like a 6 week waiting list on deliveries at the time of filming. He used wheat grown locally and could only make so much flour in a day and couldn’t up production. Prior to this he was barely making ends meet. He hoped that once it was all over his new customers would continue getting their flour from him

Lurcherlad and rona like this.
  10. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

I am OK for flour, bread., plain and SR but I have not been able to get dem sugar for the last two weeks and I need it now

rona likes this.
  11. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

Ooh is that bread I smell baking?:Smuggrin

kimthecat and rona like this.
  12. rona

No. It's pancakes. My friend likes pancakes and as he's having trouble eating, I really did need some flour :D

kimthecat and Cully like this.
  13. rona

I heard someone else was having trouble getting that

14. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

Amazing the little things make us happy these days :)

Lurcherlad likes this.
  15. rona

It's not really a little thing though. Not for me. My friend like pancakes, He's not eating well, due to his cancer, and if Pancakes does it for him then that's a massive "thing"

Lurcherlad likes this.
  16. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

Plain flour never used to be a 'big' thing though did it. How our lives have changed hey.

Lurcherlad and Boxer123 like this.
  17. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

woo hoo!! Finally (and for the first time since March) there was a slot available for Sainsburys!!:D

Have now spent way more then I planned this month but hopefully will be stocked up on everything.... I dont mind taking my shopping trolley and going in person its just alot of stuff I could only get with online shopping.

Lurcherlad and rona like this.
  18. Cully

Cully PetForums VIP

Good for you. I managed to get a delivery with Morrisons. They never used to deliver here but I think have been forced into it since lockdown.
    It was nice to get a few different things which Tesco don't have, so I'll be using them again.
    Still trying to pluck up courage to actually go shopping, but even more nervous now with the increase in cases.

19. Lurcherlad

Lurcherlad PetForums VIP

Iceland seem to have slots available on their website if anyone’s needing a delivery.

I looked last Thursday as I had a total mare with my Asda order and had missed lots of items off my list somehow, and got a delivery for the Saturday.

Cully and kimthecat like this.
  20. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

We are getting our deliveries from Tesco successfully still which is a blessing. Today we had a very cheerful and helpful lady delivering our pile of stuff. Normally Tesco’s doesn’t use plastic bags on deliveries, but due to the virus they have been and we’ve ended up with a huge pile of them over the last few months. My husband just happened to say that we now had a mountain of plastic bags and she said to give them to her and she would see they were recycled at the store. Worth asking if your delivery persons will do this if you have loads of bags cluttering up the house

kimthecat and Boxer123 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice