Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Concerned new cat mom

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Alyhannah, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Alyhannah

Alyhannah PetForums Newbie

hello, first time poster here!

Today my husband and I adopted a new cat, but after we adopted him, we found out his brother passed away from FIP. The shelter barely explained what this was to us or its severity. We already have a cat, and I'm concerned about our first cat being exposed. Monti (the new cat) hasn't shown any symptoms and is very active. But I know that symptoms don't show until it's too late. I'm also concerned about whether or not I could be a carrier so to speak and get my moms cats sick. She has two beautiful cats, so I want to know if I should avoid them for now. I'm sorry if I sound so paranoid, I'm worried about all of my babies involved. I already love little Monti so much already but don't want to risk my other cats health. Thank you so much in advance.

2. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I'm sorry this is causing you so much worry when you've just got your new kitty which is quite understandable. There are several members here who have experience of FIP and will, I am sure, be able to help you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice