Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Concerned dog owner

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Sara2405, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Sara2405

Sara2405 PetForums Newbie

There is a family who live in my road who own at least two JRT dogs, but are never taken out for walks. They bark at the slightest thing and are shouted at to keep quiet; should this be reported to the RSPCA?

2. Jasper's Bloke

Jasper's Bloke PetForums VIP

It is a very common problem but as long as they have food, water and shelter, the RSPCA will do nothing. They are over stretched as it is and unless there is evidence of physical abuse there really isn't a lot they can do.

If they took into account mental abuse such as lack of exercise and stimulation, verbal abuse and unhealthy breeding, then I know that my neighbours would never have another dog for a start.

3. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Are they definitely not taken out for walks?

People round here are often surprised when they see me out with ours and say they never knew we had dogs. They each go out at least twice a day though :)

4. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

I know how upsetting your situation is and I guess if you wanted you could ask for advice re the situation and what you see via RSPCA perhaps but as said in *most* situations if they are fed, watered and have shelter that is thevery basics even though as animal lovers we want a lot more.

5. Sara2405

Sara2405 PetForums Newbie

Hello, thanks for all your helpful replies. They are definately not taken out :( which is a real shame, I can only presume they are being fed and watered. I just wish pet owners would take full responsibility of their pets!!

6. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Do you live round the corner from me??:confused:
    I have a near neighbour just the same..(Im just glad that as small dogs they can get some exercise around the house and have each other for company..:()

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice