Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

COMPUTERS! Which is the best windows

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ladywiccana, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

Software????????

Im used to windows xp, but looking at the new pc's they all seem to have windows vista???
    Whats the difference and which do you prefer??????? :smilewinkgrin: :idea: :smilewinkgrin:

2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I have vista and I prefer it to XP and if you get a new computer it's more than likely going to have vista anyway. There's not much difference that I can see though.

3. spid

spid PetForums VIP

I have both - like both and they don't seem too different. A new machine will come with Vista most likely.

4. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

98 is the best in the terms of user interface and speed! If you have a dual core processor you can't have 98 on your system though.

Vista is a hog on resources, its crap!! and I would never put it on a computer, also a lot of compatibliity issues with vista

Xp is okay if you can't have 98, and its much better than Vista!

5. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

All new PC's and laptops come with Windows Vista. Only netbooks come with XP now. The new Windows is out next year...called Windows 7!

6. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I would personally ask for xp, or just put it on myself as I have a naughty copy! Vista immediately halfs the power of your comp, as it needs 512mb ram to run and its a hog on the processor, so if you have 1gb of ram, half of is taken up already just by the operating system.

7. jlushh

jlushh PetForums Member

I prefer vista, not too sure why though...I like the way it looks, and it's probably only performs better because it's a new compy. It's got like 5gb ram, so maybe thats why I've never had problems, I dunno.

#7 jlushh, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  8. Ladywiccana

pmsl now im jealous lol :001_tt2: :smilewinkgrin: I am looking at getting a new pc as my monitor has started making funny noises hehe, yes i know i cud just get a new monitor, but could do with upgrading to maybe a 5GB with all the stuff i do online now :smilewinkgrin: i may wait until the new windows 7comes out then, if me monitor will let me hehe

9. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Remember that an operating system is of no use without an adequate processor speed and hard drive, I've seen a couple of computers which come with Windows Vista home premium, yet have processor speeds which are somewhat mediocre in this day and age. ;)

Microsoft will be releasing the new Windows 7 OS later this year, however apparently it won't be available in Europe. Don't quote me on that however.

10. WittyKitty

WittyKitty Guest

My OH works with computers for a living and had to test Vista for the company he works for. He didn't like it! Don't know why though because I stopped listening when he was explaining :eek:

11. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

I don't really blame him, Windows Vista - while the latest operating system - doesn't really perform as it should.

Wait until you've tried Mac, despite it's minor limitations in software compatibility it's very good. :D

12. WittyKitty

WittyKitty Guest

I could be going off down the wrong route here but... I had an apple laptop and the software on that was BRILLIANT! I don't know what it was called... it had my internet browser and documents and everything I wanted quick access to across the bottom and you could add widgets. That was a GOOD computer!

...am I really having this conversation :p

13. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

My dad had an Apple Powerbook G3 'pismo' a few years ago, man that thing was fast! :D

The macbook air range look very nice, although I've heard that they suffer problems with overheating.

14. WittyKitty

WittyKitty Guest

my apple got quite hot... my cat Waffles loved sitting on it ... I think that is what broke it in the end :rolleyes:

15. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

:lol::lol:

16. WittyKitty

WittyKitty Guest

two hours before it broke....

Attached Files:

17. Ladywiccana

PMSL poor wee puddy cat hehe :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

18. kustom

kustom Guest

vista ultimate but new one out soon

19. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Windows XP Everytime..;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice