UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For example, HiLife 60% (the range that's just been discontinued) is described as a complete food yet it doesn't contain taurine. I don't get why companies describe it as complete when it's not :confused:

Do some people not feed their cats taurine? I see so many brands (e.g. our local Waitrose's cat food range is 1/3 Encore) that are well stocked in most places yet are lacking an essential nutrient. I can't imagine that all people that buy these foods are adding taurine paste...

I'm just finding it a bit puzzling! Thoughts?

·
Registered
12,998 Posts
Where do look for this information? If you're reading the product label then the only things listed will be those which have had to be added as extras during manufacture. If another ingredient already contains enough taurine (or other essential nutrients) then it won't be listed separately.

·
Registered
12,998 Posts
If it doesn't need to be added then it won't be listed. Taurine is lost during the cooking process but if enough is retained to comply with all necessary guidelines then they don't have to add more. Whether the current guidelines are adequate - well that's for each owner to decide and supplement if they wish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.