Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Compatible Printer Ink Recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LDK1, Aug 21, 2013.

1. LDK1

LDK1 PetForums VIP

Thought I'd put this question out as I've been researching for a couple of days now and I'm no nearer a solution and getting very fed up!

I need to get a new all-in-one printer, probably another Epson (maybe a Canon), but the branded ink prices are horrendous.

Now I know that 'compatible' inks aren't quite as good and have a reputation for clogging up machines, but are there any compatible ink makes out there that anyone here is actually very pleased with the performance of?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received!

2. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

HP is cheaper on ink prices. They're under £20 average for a double pack of colour and black.

3. LDK1

LDK1 PetForums VIP

Hi,

Which HP printer?

4. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

That's the ones we use & we have an Epson printer.

5. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

Never yet found a compatible brand that lives up to the hype, sadly - they've never lasted anywhere near as long as the branded ones (was able to do some direct comparisons a few years ago on some heavy printing runs). Colour can be a bit off, too.

Best bet is to find out which printers that meet your needs give you the cheapest ink options and go with that brand, even if you have to pay more for the base unit. If you can get one that uses separate colour cartridges rather than an combined one then that will help, as you won't be throwing away useable ink just because one colour has run out.

Never buy very cheap printers, as it will cost you more to replce the cartridges than buy another printer!

~Jes

6. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

I didn't mean the printers were cheap, I meant HP ink cartridges are cheaper to buy :)

7. LDK1

LDK1 PetForums VIP

I'm having a look HP ink cartridges and they do vary a lot in price (some look quite expensive still), so I was wondering which HP models took the cheaper inks. HP is definitely on my radar now though, thanks. :)

I'll have a go at find the cheapest branded inks then, and see which printers they fit - though cartridge capacity varies too - aarrrrghhhhh!!!!

8. loukodi

loukodi PetForums Senior

Spent more on compatible ones than branded. The compatibles never last as long and eventually the printer will fail to recognise the cartridge which means you will need to replace it while its half filled of ink. A complete waste.
    Branded ones are a rip off but they last longer and the overall print is much crisper. :)

9. kathryn773

kathryn773 PetForums VIP

years ago i was able to use compatible inks in a canon i had.
    since then i have had canon and epson, neither would read the compatible inks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice