UK Pet Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 709 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Oh dear, this all seems rather messy to me. I managed the last time the forum was changed when many other members left in disgust but I find this annoyingly difficult to distinguish different sections and I find the light background just annoying. Dark would be far worse for me. Many of us on the forum do not appreciate other forms of social media and this place was a bit if a refuge. It will be such a shame if the community disintegrates as a result of the change.

I also find the box at the right hand side rather patronising. I suppose we have to be told this is still a UK pet forum when all the information in this thread is in US English.
I’ve seen people leave on other forums for the same reason, but my way of looking at it is, you’re on the forum for the community, not how it looks.
It’s people that make forums, not software.

I assume you’re on a PC? The box on the right isn’t visible on a phone.

·
Administrator
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·

I will be stepping away for the evening, but will be back on tomorrow morning for any further assistance, if needed. You may see a fellow colleague, named Cricket, pop in this evening. Please take a moment to browse through our Community FAQ's. Let us know if you have any questions.

~Mike D

·
Administrator
17,397 Posts
I can't see an edit option when I click on the vertical dots?
Oh yes, got it now!😳

Reactions: vsadmin

·
Look into my eyes....
17,883 Posts
I don’t know how this works on other devices like PC’s etc, but on the iPad I clicked on the left hand side of the search bar for the search engine I use (Safari). On the left hand side there is a capital A and a lower case a (aA). Clicking on this gives an option of print size which is shown as a or A. Clicking on the capital A makes the print larger and expand across the iPad screen, much much nicer for me.
Hopefully this is something that is generic and other people can try. I have the feeling I did something like this when the forum changed before.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Right this is driving me nutty. Every time I get an 'alert' it appears on the tab of my browser. I've tried changing my alert preferences but it's still doing it. Anyone know how to stop it? Changing browsers isn't an option and absolutely can't deal with it.

Bird Photograph Cat Vertebrate Organism

·
Registered
171 Posts
For anyone who doesn't like the recommended reading section at the bottom of the page and/or the sidebar, I highly recommend the uBlock Origin extension, as you can visually remove them by right-clicking and selecting "block element."

·
Registered
171 Posts
I hate CSS, but I'm gonna install the Stylus extension, read/watch some tutorials, and see what I can do to make this easier on my eyes, at least on PC, anyways. lol

·
Cat Chat Friend
21,160 Posts
Font Line Rectangle Screenshot Material property

I’ve only spent 30 mins on here this evening and so far finding it very frustrating.
The layout of the threads and forums is so confusing. I keep ending up on random threads. I also seem to have fat fingers as drop down menus are popping up all over the place!

My biggest frustration. Is the banner that won’t go at the top asking about push notifications. It won’t accept me saying not now or later. So covers all the top of the screen. How on Earth am I supposed to get rid of it without agreeing to push notifications?

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I do NOT like this new set up AT ALL the screen is too bright and the writing blurs into it after a few minuets , the dark screen is not much better .
It is too confusing , I can not find anything , I can not see me staying a member with it like this , I have loved being a member of this forum and have had so much help from its members in the past 10 years .
Why do people have to mess with things that were fine as they were ?

·
Super Moderator
12,166 Posts
Right this is driving me nutty. Every time I get an 'alert' it appears on the tab of my browser. I've tried changing my alert preferences but it's still doing it. Anyone know how to stop it? Changing browsers isn't an option and absolutely can't deal with it.

View attachment 573395
Switching browsers doesn't make any difference anyway It's the same whatever browser you're using.

·
Shunra Oriental Cats
15,713 Posts
Ho hum. Yes it works. But the layout is hard to read. It's not easy to see the boundary between pinned posts and the rest, and having the avatar at the start of each post in the forum list is terribly mess, and on a tablet having the number of replies & views below the subject really doesn't help.

·
Obedient Cat Slave
5,507 Posts
The site does offer a Premium Membership where there is an the ability to remove right column.

~Mike D
I checked out Premium Membership but, sorry, am not willing to pay $19.99 per annum for the privilege of switching of ads :(

161 - 180 of 709 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.