UK Pet Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
561 - 580 of 709 Posts

·
Administrator
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #561 ·
Anyone know how you change the text next to your avatar/user name before the location flag? I’ve looked everywhere and can’t seem to find how to do this.
This is a Custom Title that appears to have been added to your account previously. If you want it removed, please let me know.

~Mike D

·
Administrator
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #562 ·

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
You should ignore that request to register as you are already a member. You can click the Login/Join button and once on this page, enter your username, password and I always recommend ticking the "Stay Logged In" Box.

View attachment 573779

~Mike D
That's the problem; couldn't find a log in button/page.
But Jesthar was able to help me out:)

·
Registered
20,868 Posts
Glad it helps! :giggle:

As for the post text, if you or anyone else would like me to, I can see what size it is and bump it up by 1, and see if that helps? (I can do the same for quoted text, as well, since that's pretty small, too.)
Yes please.
Also if possible can you make the text darker? (I'm finding bolded text easier to read)
I'm no longer getting headaches and feeling sick thank you to your background, your a star thank you so much for allowing us to use your link. :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes please.
Also if possible can you make the text darker? (I'm finding bolded text easier to read)
I'm no longer getting headaches and feeling sick thank you to your background, your a star thank you so much for allowing us to use your link. :)
A couple hours ago, I managed to increase the text size from 15px to 16px (main post text) and 13px to 14px (quoted text), and just now I darkened the post's text a bit. (I pushed an update, but I'm not sure if it shows up automatically on your end, or if you have to manually reinstall the updated code.)

Let me know how that is, and if it still needs adjusting. :) (I noticed that I've got the font family for the posts set to Roboto, as that's what I had started out doing for myself, but I can change that back to the site's default, if you'd like to see if that makes any difference?)

·
Registered
19,391 Posts
Glad it helps! :giggle:

As for the post text, if you or anyone else would like me to, I can see what size it is and bump it up by 1, and see if that helps? (I can do the same for quoted text, as well, since that's pretty small, too.)
That would be a great help Thx :)

·
Administrator
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #568 ·
I will be stepping away shortly for a planned vacation, but will be back on July 5, 2022. There will be other team members that will be here to offer further assistance, as needed. Please take a moment to browse through our Community FAQs. Let us know if you have any questions.

~Mike D

·
Registered
708 Posts
Logged back in to see if it was magically any better than the first time, still a massive nope from me. Scrolling is impossible without a flickering on the screen, in either mode.
Will miss petforums!

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
So I had a bit of a look around. It is possible to instal the Stylus extension on a mobile phone... But you need to use a different browser called Kiwi.

im going to have a bit of a look around to see if Kiwi is generally considered a safe browser and if there are any bugs and such like ... I will report back on what I find!

i have installed it, added the extension and it works ok - just want to check from a safety perspective!

View attachment 573786
Oh wow. Thank you!
Won't attempt to install it now as I'm sure to need help! Lots of help!!:LOL:

·
Yoshi Tonks! :-)
6,482 Posts
Oh wow. Thank you!
Won't attempt to install it now as I'm sure to need help! Lots of help!!:LOL:
It was easy to install but then a couple of searches made my think perhaps not totally secure. So doing a bit more digging. Don't want to inadvertently recommend something that is not a good idea!

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
This idea of using flags to identify a posters country is rubbish.
How many of us can identify a country from its flag, even if it was a decent size and not the size of a lentil!

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
This idea of using flags to identify a posters country is rubbish.
How many of us can identify a country from its flag, even if it was a decent size and not the size of a lentil!
You can turn that off in the Preferences section of your account settings - it's worth checking that section, as most things are set to default to making all your details available to the general internet, not members only

Reactions: SbanR

·
Registered
171 Posts
ETA it looks the same . How do I manually restore it ? I hope you're getting paid for all the work you are doing for PF.:D
Try going here and clicking install. It should bring up the code with the option to "reinstall" on the left hand side. That should hopefully do it. :)

Reactions: kimthecat

·
Mentored by Meeko
26,584 Posts
You can turn that off in the Preferences section of your account settings - it's worth checking that section, as most things are set to default to making all your details available to the general internet, not members only
Okay thick person here ,where do I find the magic button to remove the flag please .I've looked in the " account settings " but dont see which button to press to make it " go away " :)

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
It was easy to install but then a couple of searches made my think perhaps not totally secure. So doing a bit more digging. Don't want to inadvertently recommend something that is not a good idea!
On further reflection it's not the browser itself that's the problem (Firefox was fine for mobile and tablet) but the stylus extension wouldn't work for android:cry:

·
Registered
12,297 Posts
Testing, to see if my change of preferences has come through
ETA and it hasn't. That flag is Still there! And yes, I did click save changes.
I swear this site hates me, but not as much as I'm growing to hate it!:mad:

561 - 580 of 709 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.