UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

21 - 40 of 570 Posts

·
Maine Coon Madness
Cheese Chips and Jumanji
1,412 Posts
I’m fond of it, personally 🤷🏻 It’s high time for the software to have been upgraded, I hated navigation PF on mobile. Plus there were a number of features that weren’t great, imo. Like your notifications not getting cleared if you’ve already seen the thread the notification is about. I briefly used Catforum, and it has the same forum system. It’s functional, though I’m not super used to it yet. I’m sure it won’t take long, though, as I personally only browse the new posts section.
I do wish I knew why C00n was censored in MaineCoon though 😅

·
Administrator
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I have scroll all the way to the bottom of the forum list to find general chat.
There is an easy way to keep your favorite forums at the top. :)

How To Keep Your Favorite Forum Sections at the Top

My Followed Forums

For sections of the community that have special importance to you, go to the forum section and click "Follow Forum".

You will see a list of options open for your preferences. Add a checkmark to your preferred options. Click Follow at the bottom.

Your Followed Forums will display at the top of the full Forum Listing page.

- Mike D

·
Administrator
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
A warning might have been nice
We did provide a notice regarding the new software coming to the site. :)

~Mike D

·
Administrator
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·

·
Administrator
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Not a massive fan of having a Union flag next to my username though.
Can you try resetting your location by using the drop-down menu in the following example, please?

Setting Your Location

Click on your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site. Select account settings from the drop-down menu.

On the account settings page, scroll down to location.

As you start typing your city, it will offer you choices appear in the drop-down menu. Click to select the one that displays your location.

If you prefer to only display your state, simply type your state, and then click on it in the drop-down menu.

Within discussion threads, you will see your country flag displayed under your username.

User Location Privacy Settings

Click on your avatar and select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.

Your Account Settings page will open with more options. From the left-side navigation bar, select Privacy.

On your Privacy page, you will see options regarding your location.

Use the drop-down menu to select who can see your location information.

Save your privacy settings.

~Mike D

·
Look into my eyes....
17,574 Posts
It doesn't work.............I can't find recent threads, even if I go to new posts I get stuff from years ago
If you look near the top of the ‘New’ posts there is box to tick ‘Mark all read’. That will get rid of all the old posts and the next time you click on ‘New’ only recent new posts will appear

Reactions: vsadmin

·
Administrator
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
It doesn't work.............I can't find recent threads, even if I go to new posts I get stuff from years ago
Navigating The Site

Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts. On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics.

Clicking the list icon next to “NEW” will bring you to the full forum listing.

You can also navigate by clicking the 3 vertical dots.

Clicking on your avatar will give you a drop-down menu for all things related to your account.

~Mike D

21 - 40 of 570 Posts