UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
Well, I did resign, so I assumed they took that into consideration.

Mods and Admin become Premium Members as a "Thanks" for moderating - that's what the lightening bolt means

There are good things, such as more options than to just "like" a post, but they're just gimmicks, and they've killed everything that made PF what it was.

Disappointed doesn't cover it.
Linz, we're not dead yet, this forum is made up by us and members. ;)(y)

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
Unless the colours change I will be here much, much less. I can't easily read the posts on light or dark mode. Hurts my eyes too much to strain like this.

A real shame.
Can you have a fiddle with your settings, reduce brightness or contrast?

Reactions: vsadmin

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
I can't see an edit option when I click on the vertical dots?
Oh yes, got it now!😳

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
Is there any way to see who's online? I know members used it when looking for a moderator.

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
Reactions: ewelsh

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
Three vertical dots on the top right, click "members", then on that screen on the left click "online members"

I'm not on here for the layout, I'm here for the members. I want to know how the boxers do at @Boxer123 new house, I want to know how Rosie's Shadow settles in, I look forward to pictures of Daisy and Alfie, Magyarmum's boys, Whisp and the rest in random dog chat. I'm here for the dogs :D
(Don't get your feelings hurt if I didn't mention you, I've just come in from 95+ degree heat and some of you I see on FB so I wouldn't miss you here anyway :p )

I imagine we'll get used to this change just like we got used to the last changeover.
I'm going to save my complaining for the heat because it's like satan's armpit out here right now!
Yes, got it now.
If you hover over a member's username then you can see (depending on their settings) when they were last online. You can also see a list of Online Members.

~Mike D
Thanks, I've got it now.:)

Reactions: vsadmin and O2.0

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
That looks really nice Scrapcat, if I used any of those browsers I’d be on it in a heartbeat. Thanks for sharing it :)
I LOVE that!

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
It really would have been nice if there was a Legacy mode, or at least a third mode that's halfway between light and dark. 😓 LOL Yeah, I pretty much did the same, with working out and navigating the forum. 😆 I'm more confident with where things are now, and there's even new features that I really like. It's just the sterile eyesore of the colour(less) schemes, that I don't like.
Can you tell us how to add it? I've added the Stylus extension.

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
I tried again and have managed to do it! So much better. Thank you :D.
It's a real game-changer isn't it, I love it!

Reactions: ScrapCat and Kaily

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
I'm finding it a bit much that we have to install different things just to get the forum back to being readable for many of us...My MS effects my eyesight in many different ways and I have noticed that I am here much less than I used to be because everything becomes a big blur and I get a headache from eyestrain.
It's not that hard to change the colour format...it's a case of be bothered or not :(
I agree we shouldn't have to but it's so easy and effective, so worth it for me. It must be difficult for you I'm sure, I get blurred vision with early cataract development and diabetes so anything that helps is welcomed.

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
A few people have been awarded 1 year premium membership on a trial basis. The people concerned are notably consistent posters offering excellent advice to anyone needing it.
It's recognised that there are many, many more members deserving of this perk than there are receiving it so please don't let this action spoil your use of the forum.
I know the forum owners are charging £20 ish a year for the privilege to the rest of you but that's quite affordable for most of us isn't it?

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
What do you actually get for your £20 ish? If it’s just to be ad-free, I can install an ad-blocker. Is there anything else?
As far as I can see it's the absence of the right hand column which is predominantly advertising. No free orange juice, snacks or showers.:p

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
I replied to the questions to the best of my ability, wasn't responsible for the selection process so can only suggest you take this up with @vsadmin when they return from their weekend off.

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
I also feel that the awarding of premium membership to some members is a bit odd, but mainly as it just doesn't look particularly transparent. Based on the criteria above there seem to have been some omissions from the cat side of the forum in my opinion. I know I wont have seen everyone who has been awarded it, but so far I haven't actually seen anyone who is mainly (or solely) a Cat Chat poster.

And totally appreciate that @SusieRainbow and other mods won't have input into this, so it would be great to hear from @vsadmin on how this was decided?
@vsadmin are away until Monday.

Reactions: LinznMilly

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
Something that's come out of this discussion for me is the apparent divide between Cat and Dog chat.
We are all part of the same Forum! Why the rivalry? I've been here as a cat and dog owner and got excellent support from both sections and I know many others own both dogs and cats, along with ferrets, snakes,rats etc.
We're all in this together to support each other surely?

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
I'm unable to log in on my Android phone. I get as far as '2 point verification' which is then rejected. This in spite of the fact that I ticked the box so I shouldn't need to put the verification code in each time I want to log in.
It's going to make moderation tricky!

·
Administrator
17,261 Posts
@vsadmin
can you help me sort my phone login? I posted about it last night.
And remind me how to pin my favourite sub-forums to the top?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts