UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

Look into my eyes....
Lots of nice smilies to use.

馃榿 Just tested to see if I can use off the keyboard on the ipad as well

Edited to add that I can use smilies off the iPad, great.

Look into my eyes....
It doesn't work.............I can't find recent threads, even if I go to new posts I get stuff from years ago
If you look near the top of the 鈥楴ew鈥 posts there is box to tick 鈥楳ark all read鈥. That will get rid of all the old posts and the next time you click on 鈥楴ew鈥 only recent new posts will appear

Reactions: vsadmin

Look into my eyes....
Is it just me or does anyone else have flippin big dark grey blobs down the right hand sign covering the last few words of each line of a post .
I don鈥檛, can you do a screenshot?

Look into my eyes....
View attachment 573363

at least I managed to do that @Siskin
That鈥檚 odd. It looks like it鈥檚 something to do with with the three tiny dots that are on that side of the screen of each post which have become giant dots in your case. Perhaps @vsadmin can have a look at that for you when he comes back from the meeting.

Look into my eyes....
Hoe do people have this on the bottom of their posts ?
View attachment 573364
That鈥檚 called a Signature. If you go to FAQ there is how to put one on. Mine seems to have shrunk in size unless I click on it, not sure if I can bring it up to normal size or not

Look into my eyes....
How can I edit a post I've just made ? Previous version of the forum had an "edit" button alongside the "reply/quote/like" buttons.

(Wanted to add that, personally, I prefer to see "Alerts" and "Conversations" at the top of the page where they more noticeable. With this version I will have to remember to go to my profile to check them :()
Click on the three dots on the RH side of your post and this will show an option to edit

Look into my eyes....
On the last forum the latest posts on a thread when opened had the word 鈥榥ew鈥 on the top right. Although not that essential I do find when I open a thread on the ipad it sort of bounces about a bit and doesn鈥檛 stop on the first unread post and I end up reading things I鈥檝e already read. Is it possible to have the word 鈥檔ew鈥 or 鈥榥ew post鈥 on a thread when it鈥檚 opened.

Something I am finding only because I use the iPad is that the typeface is a little small, it鈥檚 useable but not so easy to read as before, have to concentrate more which could be headache inducing

Reactions: Deguslave

Look into my eyes....
For anyone finding the forum too bright I use the Night Shift app as I get migraines too easily (from blue light) and find a light amber tone is much easier on the eyes. On laptops/pc there should be a blue light filter that you can adjust so it is kinder on the eyes.
I have the night shift on the iPad timed to come on at 10pm so will see what it鈥檚 like. I鈥檓 trying the night mode but I really don鈥檛 like it, much prefer black print on a lighter background.

I seem to recall that when the old forum changed years ago there were a lot of complaints about the whiteness of the background, eventually it was changed to a less white background which seemed to keep most people happy. I have noticed I鈥檓 developing a headache at the moment, but that could be the print size. I鈥檝e tried adjusting the screen size and the print on the iPad, but i think I鈥檓 missing things somehow, will have to keep experimenting.

Reactions: kimthecat

Look into my eyes....
I don鈥檛 know how this works on other devices like PC鈥檚 etc, but on the iPad I clicked on the left hand side of the search bar for the search engine I use (Safari). On the left hand side there is a capital A and a lower case a (aA). Clicking on this gives an option of print size which is shown as a or A. Clicking on the capital A makes the print larger and expand across the iPad screen, much much nicer for me.
Hopefully this is something that is generic and other people can try. I have the feeling I did something like this when the forum changed before.

Look into my eyes....
oh wow...this is just nasty. It looks messy and confusing, the actual post section seems to be smaller (presumably so they can squeeze in more adverts for cr*p you dont want around the edges!) and it just resembles all the types of social media sites I do my best to avoid.
Plus I cant stand it when sites constantly push you to read or update or join, etc.....just leave me alone to do my own thing!

Not a fan, maybe time to see if there is another 'old school' style pet forum out there!
I discovered this and posted the following a few pages back. See if it works for you. It鈥檚 made the forum fit the screen if you see what I mean rather then having an empty gap down one side. I also have an ad blocker running which is effectively keeping the ads at bay

I don鈥檛 know how this works on other devices like PC鈥檚 etc, but on the iPad I clicked on the left hand side of the search bar for the search engine I use (Safari). On the left hand side there is a capital A and a lower case a (aA). Clicking on this gives an option of print size which is shown as a or A. Clicking on the capital A makes the print larger and expand across the iPad screen, much much nicer for me.
Hopefully this is something that is generic and other people can try. I have the feeling I did something like this when the forum changed before.

Reactions: urbantigers

Look into my eyes....
I'm sorry but I hate it really hate it, I can't find the things I want without spending ages searching for it.
The layout it awful it's been completely spoilt.
Looks like so many rubbish sites I've looked at over the years.

Not a user friendly site to use.:mad:
What are you looking for? Can we help each other

Look into my eyes....
HELP!!!!!
Currently on my tablet. However, I've just tried to get on on my android phone and PF insists I'm someone Totally New to the site and wants me to "Register using Google" ( which I did yesterday on my tablet). It gives me the option of
1. Create new account
Or
2. Associate existing account
When I click on 2, I "must first log into that account and then start the association via the connected accounts area"

All this is gobbledegook to my poor tech challenged brain.

I also can't bring up emojis ( the list of stuff is at the bottom but in a washed out grey. And sorry don't know how to screenshot on my tablet to show it, or post it even if I could!!!!! So lots of !!!!!!!!!)
You might find that the emojis on your tablets keyboard work now, mine do on an iPad, didn鈥檛 used to on the old forum馃憤

Look into my eyes....
I seem to be in a minority as far as reading posts goes I just click on NEW at top of page and it's the same as usual.
This is my first post since the change and it seems ok too馃樅
Your not alone, this is how I use the forum before and now. Much easier.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts