Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

coming into season ???

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by JennieJet, Aug 12, 2009.

1. JennieJet

JennieJet PetForums Member

Hi I have a 5 month old black lab and she is my very first puppy / dog......when should she come into season and this may sound daft but how will I know ??? we are getting her spayed after her first season....so when I will I know its finished ?? also. what about walks when she is in season ??? I cannot keep her locked in my house / garden when she is on surely ? thanks xx

2. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Hi there think my lab was 11 or12 month's when she had her 1st season. Can't remember think it's about 3wk's start to finish. Have tosay i did keep her and did a lot of playing and training in the garden:D. Shaw someone will explain a lot better than me:)

3. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

BITCHES GENERALLY COME INTO SESSON AROUND 10/11 MONTHS THIS CAN BE SLIGHTLY EARLIER WITH A SMALLER BREED BUT SOME MAY EVEN BE AS LATE AS 12 MONTHS . tHEY GENERALLY WILL START TO LICK AROUND THERE AREA AND IT MAY BECOME MORE SWOLLEN PINKER AND YOU MAY SEE BLOOD SPOTS GENERALLY BITCHES ARE VERY GOOD AT KEEPING CLEAN ALTHOUGH THEY VARY FROM DOG TO DOG AS TO HOW MUCH BLOOD FLOW IS LOST.tHEY CAN BE MORE POSSESSIVE OF TOYS AND THERE BELONGINGS OR MORE LOVING AND CLINGY OR EVEN A BIT CONFUSED AND CRUMPY IT DIFFERS FROM DOG TO DOG. SOME PEOPLE DONT ALWAYS SEE A MAJOR CHANGE IN THERE DOGS. iF YOU DONNOT WANT PUPPIES SHE NEEDS TO BE AWAY FROM A MALE FOR 3 WEEKS FROM THE START OF HER SESSON.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice