UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts
G

·
I Stood By Your Bed

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep

I whined to you softly As you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, You were thinking of the many times, Your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. I want to re-assure you, That I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, As you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me"

You looked so very tired, And sank into a chair, I tried so hard to let you know, That I was standing there.

It's possible for me, To be so near you every day. To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, Then smiled, I think you knew… In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

An when the time is right for you, To cross the brief divide, I'll rush across to greet you, And we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, There is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out…

Then come home to be with me.

run free sweet boy and watch over your family

G

·
Your poem sums up how I feel but I'm scared my beautiful girl will be upset that I can't see her.

·
once you go black and tan you never come back
5,515 Posts
when they are set free

free in the spirit and free as the wind able to run where ever their hearts wish
They will spend much time with us looking over us and watching us
wishing they could make things better or easier but not knowing why we cant see
they will run through the long grass on the eternal warm summer days
always wanting and longing to see their long lost friends
day after day doing what they wish eating what they wish drinking what they wish
chasing the rabbits and squirrels and birds to pass the time
always keeping an eye on who they loved in their previous life
no longer having any pain or feeling old and grey
movement comes easy just like a pup
There is always a longing and a sadness in their heart
they want their loved ones to come see
they wish to show us that beautiful place where they run so wild and free
no longer in any of this worldly dangers
their only want is to feel that hand upon their head
to lick the face of their loved one just like they did
for us to see them and call their name
that we cant see them is just a shame
they will be happy to know we continue to love
their loyalty is to make us happy
i for one will get pummeled when that day comes about
by many big boys and girls all wanting the same thing
i am still somewhat young and many more i will add
many many heart scars i will have
they will be set free one by one and meet them again i will
on the day when the lord sets me free
when my worldly journey is done i am sure i will meet all of them again
until then they will continue with the above

·
Registered
8 Posts
I Stood By Your Bed

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep

I whined to you softly As you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, You were thinking of the many times, Your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. I want to re-assure you, That I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, As you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "It's me"

You looked so very tired, And sank into a chair, I tried so hard to let you know, That I was standing there.

It's possible for me, To be so near you every day. To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, Then smiled, I think you knew… In the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

An when the time is right for you, To cross the brief divide, I'll rush across to greet you, And we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, There is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out…

·
Registered
13 Posts
A million times we've needed you,
A million times we've cried,
If love alone could've saved you,
You never would have died..
In life we loved you dearly,
In death we love you still,
In our hearts you hold a place,
No one else can ever fill,
It broke our heart to lose you,
But you didn't go alone,
Part of us went with you,
The day God took you home.

·
once you go black and tan you never come back
5,515 Posts
My heart was broken
when you left
I wanted you to stay
but I knew you had to go
god called you home
I know your not
in pain or suffering anymore
and for that my heart will heal
and I thank god for that
knowing one day
we will be together
for each day
that's one day closer
until then
I just wanted to say
I love you
until we see each other again.

#65 Rott lover, 1 minute ago

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Stood By Your Bed

This is

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Stood By Your Bed

Thank you for that I have just lost my baby SUKI I enjoyed reading that

·
Registered
29 Posts
I Stood By Your Bed

Having just lost my young dog to cancer i was moved by your poem

·
Registered
41 Posts
I Stood By Your Bed

Thank you, I lost my beautiful Yorkie Bo 2 days ago and the hole in my life is enormous. He went so unexpectedly and I never got the chance to say a proper goodbye and that hurts. He went at 12.30 am but had been full of life all day, running and playing, waiting ex itedly in the kitchen for any scraps that might fall and a couple of hours before was jumping up for bits of a cheese string (one of his favourites). Suddenly, his breathing changed the He was gone ad his heart simply gave up. I got to him in seconds and picked his floppy body up and begged him to stay but it was to late. I felt his final heart beat and now the pain is unbearable.
Goodbye my old friend, I thought we had many years ahead of us. You will forever be with me because I will never forget you.

Attachments

81 - 100 of 105 Posts