Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Comforting words to those that mourn

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by GillyR, Feb 25, 2010.

1. daisy_may

daisy_may PetForums Junior

ahhhh this is so sweet and its just what a needed right now :) xxxxxxxx

rip puppy xxxx

2. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

Sorry for your Loss xxxx **(())

#22 GillyR, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  3. Uli

Uli PetForums Newbie

Thank you very much!

4. spot

spot PetForums Junior

Great poem - I don't think there are many things worst than losing a pet.I have been through it four times and it never gets any easier. My cousin recently lost their dog Simba due to a bad reation to a medication for bad joints. It was initially prescribed for their other dog Holly as she had bad arthtitis - the Vet said it should be fine to give to Simba too - unfortunatey Simba suffered kidney/liver failure shortly after taking it and had to be put to sleep. There is no concrete evidence that the meds were to blame - but on the back of the medication it said that in very very very rare situations it can cause liver failure - it does seem a massive coincidence - my cousin was simply unable to even mention Simba's name! He was just so devastated - if there is a lesson to learn - read the side effects and speak to the Vet if you are unsure.

5. fussypets

fussypets PetForums Junior

I know your pain
    my cat was knocked over by a car about 6 weeks ago and left to die at the side of the road even thou there's 2 vets 30 seconds down the road.
    It makes me so mad that no one stopped to help him.
    He was only about 4 years old

6. Fosterer FDR

Fosterer FDR PetForums Newbie

That was such a beautiful poem, and I now sit here drenching my clothes in silent tears. My beautiful border collie, Tess, had to be helped on her way to Rainbow Bridge on March 3rd this year. She was suffering from Kidney failure and at the age of nearly 16 years she was ready to leave the limitations of her body. It still saddens me that she is no longer with me though, and I miss her greatly - but I would rather miss her than never to have known her.

I don't know what there is after life, but I like to think that she is still alive in my heart and in my memories, if not actually physically.

Thank you for the poem.

7. Debxan

Debxan PetForums Member

8. kenty224

kenty224 PetForums Newbie

What a lovely poem.:cryin:
    made me cry

9. Monsta

Monsta PetForums Newbie

hope they all R.I.P ... Pets r family an always will be xx R.I.P marilyn the hamster xx

10. pogo

pogo PetForums VIP

what a lovely poem!

11. mustang sally

mustang sally PetForums Newbie

what a lovely poem -thank you for posting - despite the fact that it made me cry-lots!!

We lost our much loved Rottie recently - he was a rescue and that made him all the more special, even though we had him for only a short precious time. I actually had a portrait of his face tattoed on my thigh as I know he will ALWAYS be by my side. Two weeks ago we took on another rescue Rott - a pup and he is just delightful. It helps having him around- he will never replace the one we lost - but we love him in honour of our big lad!

12. lovedeternally

lovedeternally PetForums Junior

That is such a beautiful poem!! I run a website that creates memorial websites for much loved and missed pets, but your poem is the most beautiful and touching that I've heard!

13. Jemmalg

Jemmalg PetForums Newbie

Thank you for this poem. I am literally in tears; we lost my dog last night, he was thirteen, I just don't know what to do without him.

14. Oldiefan

Oldiefan PetForums Newbie

I feel for you so much. I lost my darling cat on Monday quite unexpectedly and I feel the same. I miss her so much.

15. mapalfa

mapalfa PetForums Newbie

I lost my beautiful St Bernard dog 3 days ago and now I've read your poem I can't stop crying.

16. Wolf121

Wolf121 PetForums Newbie

Aww that was so sad, made me cry.
    Lovely poem.
    I still miss my little baby even though we lost Tiny 6th march aged 17, i still miss him so much and i think of him every day. This peom made me wonder maybe he isnt as far away as i think.

17. Yo Fluffy

Yo Fluffy PetForums Newbie

A lovely poem. It's all so raw for me (just hours after a very rapid decline), but having lost a pet as a child, I know the pain never really leaves, you just learn to move on.

I do believe that the spirit lives on and hope we all get to feel the presence of our loved ones at some time, I'm sure they'll still be around, albeit from the other side.

18. Marta1981

Marta1981 PetForums Newbie

This poem is sooo BEAUTIFUL and TOUCHING,it made me cry:((I lost my Westie to liver cancer almost a month ago,I still cry for him and it's going to take me AGES to accept the fact that he is gone,he was my Baby for the past 11 years and I miss him terribly:(:( Thank you very much 4 this lovely poem!!

19. Sam12

Sam12 PetForums Newbie

that poem is lovely. bringing me some comfort as i sit here crying after losing our rescue dog Snowy less than 12 hrs ago! :crying:

20. 1966 kerry

1966 kerry PetForums Member

ive just lost my beautifull patterdale these lovely words are comforting

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice