Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Comfort a spayed cat in heat?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Obiit, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Obiit

Obiit PetForums Junior

My Kimi was spayed by the RSPCA before i got her. She is a house cat and has now started to come on heat. The vet didn't have the correct drugs in to do the blood test to check to make sure before doing another spay. So she will have to go through two more lots of heat (minimum) :(

Anybody have any idea's how to deal with her in this condition? Poor thing is so confused :(

Cheers

#1 Obiit, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  2. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I'm a bit con fuzzed here. I didn't know that cats could come on heat after they have been speyed :confused:
    Maybe someone on here might be able to help you.

3. spid

spid PetForums VIP

As a spayed can't she shouldn't come on heat at all - they must have left something behind when they did the op. I don't see why they have to wait for her to go through 3 heats before they can do anything - I'd be having her in asap and getting her done again.

4. Petitepuppet

Petitepuppet PetForums VIP

As far as I know, a spayed cat cant come into heat and I would have thought they would have had to have left some major pieces for that to happen.

If shes coming into heat, then she hasnt been spayed.

My advise: Change your vet x

5. Obiit

Obiit PetForums Junior

The vet I have now is not the RSPCA vet. I just want to make sure that she is definitely on heat to confirm she needs to be spayed properly this time. I have read that if the spay is incomplete then they can still come on heat.

Think I may be having a word with the RSPCA about their vet as putting Kimi through two lots of surgery when one was needed is not on :mad:

6. Crushmer

Crushmer PetForums Member

My Vet once told me that this can happen if just a tiny bit of a cat's female parts are accidentally left behind...
    Good luck with your kitty, hope all goes well with her 2nd operation :001_unsure:

7. Obiit

Obiit PetForums Junior

Well i have just got Kimi back from the Vets after she has been (for want of a better word ) "spayed" again.

The vet did find two pieces of ovarian tissue (one on either side of her) which he removed. So hopefully now she will be right and not come on heat (must have been so confusing for her).

The only thing is - I'm having kittens! I'm trying to stop her from running around like a loony and jumping everywhere!! Is this sort of thing normal after an operation of this type? I thought she would just go to sleep but Kimi is jumping all over the furniture and i'm scared she will rupture her stitches - well actually i'm more scared of me trying to help her will stretch the wound :(

Any advice on an over active post-op cat??

Cheers :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice