Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Come on dog chatters!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Julesky, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julesky

Julesky PetForums VIP

Second time today i've heard of people being too afraid to post things incase they get negative responses directed at them.

This has made me quite sad with the thought of is this what this place is turning into?

What happened to support and discussion- also i may add i have seen people get 'flamed' (sorry reg- just using your example, hope you dont mind:)) but this is because they have been rude or aggressive or indeed wholly inappropriate- all the reasons generally when a mod steps in.

Now people should be able to disagree without it turning into a slagging match but of course animals are a very emotive subject.

I think if long-termers on here feel too afraid to post, what does that say to new people.

This is the first and only forum i've ever been a member of, i've found it useful, funny and supportive.

So come on out there sort it out- say your piece, tell your stories you're unlikely to get as flamed as you think you are!

That's all i have to say (for a change)

2. dexter12

dexter12 PetForums Senior

i have had a few lets say harsh debates with people on here some my own fault and others not my fault, some i have said the wrong thing and others i have just had a different opinion!
    i do think that their is a few people on here that have a "know it all " way about them and their opininion is always right. and i think certain people on here at not actually animals lovers more of a dog/certain breed lover :)

3. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Totally agree.
    Aggression seem to be a growing problem these days everywhere you look.
    Not just here but in all things.
    Hopefully it is just a phase the country (and the world ) is going through and it passes soon

4. Julesky

Julesky PetForums VIP

Bisbow- hit the nail on the head-

Equally though i think if you do want to post you have to accept it's a varied world and people will not agree- debates should be civil.

But no one should be afraid- pretty much anything said on here can be disagreed with- ubt more often than not it's all rational chat

5. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I didn't read the other thread but I take it it turned into a breed bashing thread? I don't think this was the intention of starting this one, so could we please drop it.

You are always going to have people who don't like certain breeds, are even afraid of them, and if you don't want to hear their point of view, don't read it. There are lots of breeds I don't like, but I am not about to slag them all off.

6. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

Ahah, so this is what irony means! ;)

7. LahLahsDogs

LahLahsDogs PetForums VIP

I say what I think.. :) I've not been a member of the forum long (about 3 months) but I'd say i'm a regular now. I should really keep a lid on somethings that I say as I have my business in my signature and it may make Lah Lahs Dogs look a little unprofessional, however, i'm not here to suck up to people and sell a load of mini dogs. I'm here to talk about my real dog and share pictures and to get tips and advice. I've had several threads that have turned a bit awkward, but it's just the opinions of others. Who's to say what is right or wrong. There was a thread that I started yesterday and I wasn't sure about it. I was wondering if I was out of order and I was going to get a load of comments like "You're a bloody idiot, learn to control your dog before it gets PTS!".. I did ask for honest opinions and I was ready to hear them, but no, it was very friendly and supportive, and just what I needed after a bad day. On the whole, I like this forum and feel that it's supportive and helps me with caring for my boy, and no doubt i'll still be here commenting on everything for the foreseeable :)

EDIT: lol just read the other posts.. Oh dear

#7 LahLahsDogs, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  8. tinaK

tinaK PetForums VIP

I've avoided the other threads, but I will say this. This forum has got aggressive of late.
    Everyone is in-tilted to an opinion, and of course not everyone is going to agree all of the time.

But there is no need to make it personal. We can just agree to disagree :)

9. Julesky

Julesky PetForums VIP

The threadwas to highlight to EVRYONE that getting a point across does not have to be done in a rude manner.

Many are guilty of this, equally many can apologise and get on with it.

It is just terribly sad to hear people do not feel confident enough to post on here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice