Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Come back!

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by matthewgordon, Apr 20, 2011.

1. matthewgordon

matthewgordon PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

I have a German Sheppard cross female who is about 1.5 years old. She is a great dog around the house (although she has started to chew again), loves to play and is generally good off the lead. The issue that I have is that I would love her to be REALLY good off the lead. I see other dogs that stay close to their owners and don’t bother other dogs or people. When my dog see’s another she is out in front of me and then runs off to greet. She is never aggressive to its not an issue when she gets to the other dogs.

There are so many training methods out there I thought I would ask if there is a good book or method I could follow to keep my dog close, off the lead.

I hope you can help

Cheers

2. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

Adam

It does really seem as though you are using this site primarily to promote your business and you constantly promote the ecollar - are you on commission? :nono:

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I had the same trouble with Henrick, I went back to basics with recall being rewarded every time but I still had to watch out for other dogs and clip his lead on whenever we saw one, if he managed to run up to another dog he was tons worse for days afterwards, eventually he just seemed to grow out of it and now he has Bella he couldnt care less about other dogs.

4. matthewgordon

matthewgordon PetForums Newbie

Do you think clicker training will help at all?

Im not getting a e collar as i dont like that style of trying

Cheers

5. Pawsitive

Pawsitive PetForums Junior

#5 Pawsitive, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  6. stigDarley

stigDarley PetForums Senior

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice