UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone

My brain in numb with all the research I have been doing, and i am still no closer to finding my answer lol.

I have a 10 week old kitten which i am lead to believe is a blue Colourpoint persian, Someone on Monday mentioned about him looking like a Ragdoll.

Could someone PLEASE explain to me the differences between the 2 (it does not matter to me which one he is as he is loved to pieces, but it would be nice to know one way or the other)

Dani

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
The two breed standards are very different. I presume as you kitten is only 10 weeks old that he didn't come with registraton papers, a 5 generation pedigree or from a 'proper' breeders.

First pic is a blue colour point ragdoll

Second pic blue (tabby) colourpoint persian

As you can see there is a great difference in head shape. Pics of your boy may help too. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
is it possible to post a pic of you're kitten heres a pic of our female blue colourpoint ragdoll aged 14 weeks i hope it helps , plz pm me if you have any questions..good luck.....chris.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi

Thank you for your reply, No he didnt come with papers unfortunately.

I will post some photos as soon as i can get some uploaded to photobucket (it seems to be going backwards at the moment, It's so slow), the ones i just posted were WAY too large lol

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Although the eyes are very pale in colour and they look a bit oriental in the first picture the kitten certainly has a Ragdoll look about it. What were they advertised as and what did the breeder tell you ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Although the eyes are very pale in colour and they look a bit oriental in the first picture the kitten certainly has a Ragdoll look about it. What were they advertised as and what did the breeder tell you ?
Thank you for your reply Raggs

I will PM you if that is ok

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
of course, please do

·
Registered
12,021 Posts
she is very pretty, but arent ragdolls eyes round?

she could be a ragdoll cross persian? birman? just thinking outloud as I ahve no idea lol!

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.